PDA

View Full Version : Another request for prayers & fingercrossing

O'Man
06/21/2000, 05:36 PM
I am in a race between having to quit my job before I lose my ethics, and finding a new employer. So far I have been able to fight and hold the line against this creep that I work for and right and wrong. But the clock is ticking...

His latest deed is to not pay a dead man's family business the commissions this man earned while he was alive. Thing is, the price my employer charges for this product has the commission built into it, we get our normal margin first, then the salesman is paid. To my employer this is just a little windfall, but he seems to get off on getting over on other people.

Me, I am getting dragged into the middle of this as a human shield for the creep to hide behind.

Years ago, I would have already walked. These days it is more complicated(read that as Pregnant Wife, 5 year old Daughter and being forced to pay untold sums of money because of a nasty state agency and incompetent bureaucracy when my family and I did nothing wrong)

Anyway, sorry for the long post, I had my second and third interviews today at another company that I think I would like to work for.

Any well wishes or prayers would be appreciated.

Thanks

hesaias
06/21/2000, 06:15 PM
You got it man. Thats a very low blow to the deceased. Youll be better off somewhere else, but you are doing right looking out for you and your own family before going off.
We'll make mention tonight ;)

------------------
Scott

My Reefscape (http://www.angelfire.com/on3/hesaias/index.html)

My Homepage (http://www.angelfire.com/on2/hesaias/index.html)

Dilbert
06/21/2000, 06:26 PM
You must do what best for your family to keep bread on the table and a roof over their heads.

I believe in justice and this guy will get his. IF not in this life then the NEXT!!!!!!!!

I too would rather have another job but the pay is great and my kids are worth it.

billsreef
06/21/2000, 07:47 PM
O'man
I know the feeling. Good luck with finding a better place to work :D Second interviews are a good sign ;) Just remember sooner or later someone this guy has screwed will screw him back!

------------------
Bill

If damsels grew as big as sharks, the sharks would run in fear!
My dive photos (http://hometown.aol.com/billsreef/)
ICQ 56222784

FishWish
06/22/2000, 08:15 AM
My Best wishes, You take care of your's and let the big guy take care of the rest (No not you Larry) :D, you've already got enough jobs eh ;).>>
May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
> > >> enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow
> > >> to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy.
> > >> hth..David

signu459
06/22/2000, 08:16 AM
What is stopping you from sending an anonymous letter to the family of the deceased? Let them know what they are rightfully owed and wash you hands of the situation.

Good luck on the job hunt either way

horge
06/22/2000, 08:54 AM
You have my support, O'Man. I understand completely the need to look out ofr one's own family first. Never swerve from that and you will avoid greater conflicts.

Hang in there, we will all pray that you find a satisfying job that makes you proud.

Frisco
06/22/2000, 10:32 AM
Mine are crossed for you!

Staceon
06/22/2000, 10:50 AM
Good luck amigo.....let us know how it turns out. :)

Dwayne
06/22/2000, 12:03 PM
Prayers, fingers crossed, rabbit's foot rubbed, salt thrown, etc....

I understand the hardship in maintaining integrity while providing for your family and totally support your efforts.

Best of Luck to You and Yours!

Dwayne

aLittletank
06/22/2000, 12:24 PM
O'Man

one sacrificial rodent comming up! :D

Good luck,
Allen

JSM
06/22/2000, 12:36 PM
You're doing the right thing. I know how you feel, I was in a situtation where I was asked to do some things that weren't ethical, I refused and got fired, but the really neat thing is, I wound up with a job that is twice as good and a great bunch of people to work with. Be patient, you'll get out of there and hopefully it will be for something better. You're in my prayers tonight. Good luck!

Janna

jimhobbs
06/22/2000, 02:15 PM
Hey O'man :)
Hang in there buddy!...We're asembling the mens group this weekend for a day of drumming, warpaint; and definately a kitty will be going in the water! ;) That cheapskate won't know what hit him! :D

have fun guys!...jim :)

O'Man
06/22/2000, 06:39 PM
Thanks everyone. I mean it. Seems like this open forum & reefkeeping draws a certain crowd. I am grateful to be part of it.

ps: That family will find out. I am deciding on how. ;)