PDA

View Full Version : Fish Safari..........

H^2 Salt
04/07/2005, 08:56 PM
Im guessing a lot of you guys get your stuff from fish safari.....i drive down there everyonce in awhile.....pretty nice store

mylittleocean
04/08/2005, 02:57 PM
The only place I but corals from. :)
The isles are kinda narrow but they have lots of coral.

I would rather see narrow isles and more coral than wide isles and less coral. :beer:

tangface
04/16/2005, 07:56 AM
you could always try reef chief.

WantaBeReefer
04/16/2005, 08:16 AM
Not trying to hijack here, but it seems like I am pretty unaware of all of the lfs's in our area. The ones that I know of are fish safari (VABCH), animal jungle(VABCH), scales and tales (CHESAPEAKE), and pet paradise (VABCH). What are some of the other lfs's that deal w/saltwater and a general location would be great. I have never heard of the one mentioned above. I would say that fish safari, by far, has the best coral selection.

The Shrimp X
04/16/2005, 11:58 AM
Fish Safari for corals, scales and tales for crickets (i have 3 bearded dragons 2 females and 1 male) and some fish. these are the only two i have been to.

fshlvrswyf
05/07/2005, 01:55 PM
Reef Chief works from his home. I have never been there, but I have called him once and this is what he told me over the phone. He sees clients by appointment only and requires a water sample before selling livestock.

The Shrimp X
05/07/2005, 03:16 PM
who is reef chief? Now i am totaly lost!!!

tangface
05/07/2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by fshlvrswyf
Reef Chief works from his home. He sees clients by appointment only and requires a water sample before selling livestock.

he does work out of his home and sees clients pretty much anytime from 3:30 pm until 8:00 pm tue thru saturday. There must have been some confusion because he never requires a water sample when purchasing something. He probably just misunderstood you so he recommended that i am not sure though. He offers free water testing for customers but it is not a requirement. I have been buying things from him for over a year now and never had a problem. Best part is he can special order anything you want from live goods to dry goods :D

GGGREGGG
05/08/2005, 02:55 AM
RRRREEEEEFFFF CHIEEEEEEFFFFF!!!!!!

fshlvrswyf
05/08/2005, 08:28 AM
Well, my husband and I were visiting in Viriginia Beach when we called the reef cheif. He didn't want to see us without a water sample. I dont' know what happened but that was how the conversation worked. Not that this is bad, it's just the facts of this conversation. I even told him we had been doing this for 20 years, didn't seem to matter.

Bass Master
05/08/2005, 08:36 AM
Can someone post the reef chief's #?

GGGREGGG
05/08/2005, 01:17 PM
it's in the phone book under pet stores, he's closed on sundays though