PDA

View Full Version : Look at it this Way: A nice coral is less than a tank of gas.

TimS
06/15/2000, 12:11 PM
My spouse always found humor in the way I price everything in aquarium units. For instance, the new sofa,

"It cost how much dear? That's 250 lbs. of rock"

or

"No bad it only cost a clown fish and a mushroom!"

Think how lucky we are now. Look how many aquatic toys we can get for a tank of gas.

"Dear - it was less than a tank of gas!"

Tim

Rob
06/15/2000, 01:31 PM
Of course if you have other hobbies, you can mix the coinage... for example one gallon of pump gas is now equivalent to one-half gallon of racing gas for my rally car, 2 minutes of rental on a T-tailed Beech 33 airplane, one minute of rental for a light twin-engine, about 20% (butt end) of a Cohiba cigar, or a slight whiff (not even a taste) of Caspian beluga at the Petrossian.

Case of beer might still be a good all-around standard, not a gold standard, but an ICE standard ;-) hehehehh.

Q-ball
06/15/2000, 01:57 PM
Hmmm, did someone mention "Cohiba"? mmmmmmm...that & a nice glass of 18yr scotch, and everything is all gooooooooooooood!!! hehe Btw, a tank of gas in my jeep is about 1.5 cases of beer! :D

Q!!!

------------------
Reality is merely a short-lived perception, make of it what you will.

Agu
06/19/2000, 12:11 AM
I keep track in "dining units", as my wife enjoys going out to eat. The clam cost the same as dinner for two at a mediocre restaurant, the powder blue tang the same as dinner at a nice place. Of course it's because I can remind her that her hobby goes down the toilet in 24 hrs and mines around a lot longer(usually).