PDA

View Full Version : Frag Swap?

Meisen
04/07/2005, 08:37 AM
I was wondering....is there any group interest in a Southern Wisconsin frag swap this spring/summer? We could maybe invite WRS and Fox Valley RS to participate as well as the Chicago club (CMAS). Open really but specific invites to those guys as they are close. I think we can get a place to do it, two or three workable venues spring to mind and it shouldnt be too difficult to solicit donations from a couple stores for a raffle or two. I was thinking low-key, like 2-3 hours on a Sunday afternoon or early evening. Probably 20+ people would make it worthwhile but more would be, well more.

I was thinking June or July, does everyone go on vacation though?

Is there anyone who would be interested in helping to organize (not my strong point lol)?

would folks post interest here?

Ereefic
04/07/2005, 11:20 AM
Sounds good to me. :)

MalawianDude
04/07/2005, 12:05 PM
hmm if i had corals by then to swap sure! LOL. Always can buy frags there too i am sure?

But sounds like a fantastic idea, WCF is working on there's too right now(FW club) I believe milwaukee aquarium society holds there's at a bowling alley in milwaukee(?), chicago GCCA Swap meets, hold there's at the sheraton hotel in arlington heights, (but that is a freakin huge club)

Just some ideas, not sure what u quite had in mind as place for it...

Meisen
04/07/2005, 12:21 PM
I was thinking either the Sun Prairie Library or one of the Community centers here in town. Typically libraries are cool with this kind of stuff and as long as we are clean and quiet, it should be cool. The only issue is charging to get in, I do not think we could do that in a public space. Maybe just have a donation box at the door and ask for 5.00 voluntarily?

I guess if/when I get a sense of interest levels in this, we can start working on the details.

MalawianDude
04/07/2005, 01:04 PM
hmm yea just gotta bring towels for those wet bags that happen...;)

o BTW i pm'd u...

MiddletonMark
04/09/2005, 01:12 PM
:thumbsup:
Great idea. I wrote more on the MARS board, but am all up for it.

Meisen
04/09/2005, 01:54 PM
I am almost ready to post this for the world....ie invite some other clubs to join in etc, just need to hear a little more feedback from our peeps so I feel like we are going with some group consensus. Seems like most discussion is on the MARS forum:

www.madisonreef.com

Keep the feedback coming!

Ereefic
04/09/2005, 03:01 PM
Send an email out to the group Meisen, you'll get more responses from there. Alot of people don't use the website forum.

Meisen
04/09/2005, 04:36 PM
Good idea, thanks.

Mark

ewaitob
04/14/2005, 08:26 AM
I would love to get involved. My Mom is getting Married in June but July would work well.

Erik
Madison

Meisen
04/14/2005, 09:02 AM
I think we are planning for June at this point, sort of just had to decide one month or another and lots of folks vacation in July.

Looks like this thing is going to happen, working on two dates: June 12th or 19th, leaning towards the 19th.

Details to follow next week.

Meisen
04/28/2005, 07:35 AM
MARS will be hosting a frag swap on on June 12th from 2-4pm in Madison, Wisconsin. It is open to all members and non-members alike. The location is 825 W. Badger Rd at the fire station community room. It's close to the beltline (Highway 12/18 in Madison), centrally located, and has lots of parking.

Guidlines for the swap:
-all are welcome to trade, sell or buy
-no commercial vendors please
-pre-bagged frags and used equipment only
-as space is somewhat limited, no tanks or "frag boxes" please
-traders please bring towels for cleanup
-there will be no electrical outlets available for setups

A suggested donation of $5 at the door will go to the web operation for the club and we'll be giving away a gift certificate from Drs F&S during the event.

For updates, please read the following thread on the MARS website: http://www.madisonreef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0