PDA

View Full Version : Gooooing Up! Hot, Hot, Hot

Joez
06/14/2000, 09:50 AM
It was 96 degrees at 8:45 this morning. Yesterday topped at 105, and they say hotter today.

I've got a shipment of fish coming in from Flying Fish Express. Delivery by 10:30. I hope they are OK. I'm confident because I know the kind of job FFE does, but this is pretty extreme.

horge
06/14/2000, 03:18 PM
Joez, that's Manila weeather :)
I am NOT missing it ...yet.

Dave
06/14/2000, 04:27 PM
Joez did they come in ok?

Joez
06/14/2000, 04:53 PM
They didn't come in at all today. Turns out that FFE called me at work (primary contact number I gave them) after I left for the day and told me that two items were not available. So, they postponed the order until Friday.

BTW, earlier in the day FFE called and let me know there were several out of stock items (fish). They gave me the choice of taking the in-stock fish, delaying the order, or substituting. They helped me (over the phone) pick some substitute fish. I really appreciated their help.

I'll let you know when they come in on Friday (it'll be down to 100 degrees by then).

O'Man
06/14/2000, 05:21 PM
I've bought from them, and found them helpful and decent. I hope you get a break in the weather. Let us know how you make out.

Dilbert
06/14/2000, 05:53 PM
This is exactly the experience i had with FFExpress- Taking you order, and calling the NEXT day when you are waiting for it arrive only to say items weren`t availiable. Why can`t they tell you WHEN you call if items are availiable?

Joez
06/14/2000, 07:19 PM
FFE is a very good outfit. They called the same day; it was just after I left.

Flatlander
06/14/2000, 11:10 PM
Heh,heh, we actually had snow flurries this morning. :p

------------------
Doug Lowey

Rob
06/14/2000, 11:15 PM
Last night we had to use two blankets, and I disabled the furnace so that it wouldn't come on and stink up the house. This morning it was 15 degrees in Brooklyn NY, about 60 fahrenheit.

A propos, the cheapo tank heater won't do either. I only spent twenty bucks... lesson learned.

------------------
Cheers,
Rob

goby
06/15/2000, 12:07 PM
hehe,

its hot as you know where down here in florida... cant remember the last lower than 80 day... probably was in february... most people put their motorcycles up for the winter cause it gets too cold... down south, we put them up in the summer cause it gets too hot ;)

g
o
b
y

------------------
It's all fun and games until someone looses and eye....
www.iag.net/~vigg (http://www.iag.net/~vigg)

Joez
06/16/2000, 10:04 PM
Update: the fish arrived as promised this morning. They're all in good shape. Naso, Radiata, Picasso, Snowflake, and Orange Spotted Rabbit. The weather is much better, so it wasn't as challenging for them as the other day.

rshimek
06/17/2000, 05:09 AM
Hot time, huh...

You're welcome to move here. Our high yesterday was barely out of the 40's and there was fresh snow in the mountains across the valley.

And 80's last week.

Glad to hear you think FFE is a good outfit. I have tried them a couple of times and have yet to have them ship what I ordered....

Cheers, Ron