PDA

View Full Version : I see you browsing

Slicktrax
04/06/2005, 05:13 PM
I see lots of unfamiliar names looking through the forum. Talk with us, chime in :). The more the merrier I say. Introduce yourself, tell us about your tank, whine about your kids or taxes, whatever you want. Just say hi. I guess i could send PM and invite people !

atreis
04/06/2005, 05:35 PM
Eeek!! You're all watching me!

:)

Micki
04/06/2005, 07:36 PM
Don't you feel our eyes on you??? Mmmmwwwaaaahhhhhhh

Micki
04/06/2005, 07:44 PM
I agree with Slick! Stop by say hi! Visitors are great!

And to all you visitors... We are getting our web site and another forum going. Stop by often for updates! :)

mimmies11
04/06/2005, 09:21 PM
Hello All!! I have been watching this forum and decided to go ahead and say Hi. My name is Emily and I live in Dayton. My family just got into saltwater fish tanks over the summer. My parents now have a 12 gal reef and a 24 gal reef. I love the tanks so much, I had to start one for my bedroom. In feb, I started working on a 6 gal nano reeftank. We also have a 16 gal freshwater tank and a 1200 gal koi pond in the backyard, as well as dogs and cats. I can never have to many critters swimming/running around.

Emily

Slicktrax
04/06/2005, 09:24 PM
Welcome, glad to see you finally say hi. Wow, I would love to have a koi pond like that in my backyard. All I have now is one of those little preformed plastic ponds (100g maybe).

Rick

Micki
04/06/2005, 09:25 PM
Hi Emily! Glad you decided to say Hi! I hope you find this club to be a friendly fun bunch! There is a lot of knowlege here with some of our members being in the hobby for several years! If we can be of any help to you or your parents please let us know! Feel free to post some pics of your set ups and hey you might even want to join us! :D

mimmies11
04/06/2005, 09:34 PM
We love our koi pond. It is probably our favorite thing to work on during the summer. We are always changing things out there. We have a big job to start next month sometime. We have had a rat problem in the backyard and they chewed a hole in the liner so we now have to catch the fish and replace the liner. We have also had problems with water getting under the liner and pushing it up so the fish didn't have much swimming room so we are going to line the pond with rocks too. I can't wait to start working on it. It is neat seeing how the fish have grown over the winter. We know we lost 1 nice size fish about a month ago. I saw a heron take off with it in its mouth. It is always sad to see an 8 inch fish you have had since it was 2 inches long take off in the mouth of a heron.

BTW, thank you for the nice welcome!!

Emily

Micki
04/06/2005, 09:47 PM
Sounds like a really cool project. We've talked bout making one, but haven't jumped in yet. :)

mimmies11
04/06/2005, 09:52 PM
Oh, it will definatly be a fun project. If/when you do decide to jump into the pond hobby, let me know if you need any advice, where to get equipment and critters, or anything. We have had our pond for about 10-11 years and have learned a lot along the way.

Emily

Slicktrax
04/06/2005, 09:52 PM
ahhh, the dreaded heron. i have had one clean my pond out on several occassions. got lucky last year though, keeping my fingers crossed for this year.

Micki
04/06/2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mimmies11
Oh, it will definatly be a fun project. If/when you do decide to jump into the pond hobby, let me know if you need any advice, where to get equipment and critters, or anything. We have had our pond for about 10-11 years and have learned a lot along the way.

Emily

Wow, that's a long time and a lot of experience, mistakes and learning! We will definately keep that in mind! Thanks!

mimmies11
04/06/2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, gotta love those herons!! GRR!! We did a temporary fix a month ago to keep it from getting anything else. A trip to lowes to buy 6 sections of cheep wooden fencing did the trick. When summer time comes, our motion detector water sprinkler should keep it away (and keep my dog from wanting to come outside to do her business).

Emily

Slicktrax
04/07/2005, 08:14 AM
Amazingly enough, my wife feels sorry for me and makes me to go to the fish store after a heron attack and get new fish. Now if I could only figure a way to get this to happen with my tank inside.

Micki
04/07/2005, 08:20 AM
LOL, that is FUNNY! You know what they say.. "If there's a will, there's a way"! :D

Kustomreefer
04/07/2005, 05:49 PM
Hi WORC, I'm Karl "KUSTOMREEFER" and browse daily all the Ohio
reef club forums including yours. I have a 225 g Perfecto RR that was set up in 3-04. I have a Blond Naso, Mimic and Purple tang,
Potters angel, 6 Blue/Green Chromis, a Pair of GS Maroon clowns,
Spotted and Psycodelic Mandarins, Six line Wrasse, a Pair of Pearly Jawfish, Copper Band Butterfly, 2 Yellow clown gobies and a Yellow Canary Fang Blenny ( my personal favorite!) For corals, I have some pulsing xenia, large finger leather, some zooanthids a yellow and purple Gorgonian and a Green Cabage leather. After getting a handle on parameters, It is time to start adding more corals Anyone have any interesting frags they want to get rid of?
If your ever in the Vermillion area, check out Salty Critter, They are by far the nicest people in the hobby to deal with with AWESOME livestock and service. Saltycritter.com. I really enjoy browsing your forum and keep up the good work! Happy Reefing! Karl

Slicktrax
04/07/2005, 06:14 PM
Hey karl,

I am out of frags at the moment. Sounds like you have a pretty cool tank. If you go to www.westernohioreefclub.com , there is a page that has links to those of us who do have frags available. I have heard of Salty Critter before, but because of distance haven't had a chance to visit.

Thanks for saying hi !!

Rick

Micki
04/07/2005, 06:19 PM
Kustomreefer, Welcome! Good to know more info about Salty Critter. Maybe a club road trip some day! :) I ditto Slicktrax, Check out the link he gave you.

We are just getting started. I'm sure in a few months great things will come from our group! Glad you stopped by!