PDA

View Full Version : Not a good morning

Staceon
06/14/2000, 09:17 AM
I was woken today by my finace yelling. Our golden retriever, Duke, had someone gotten a bottle of Orudus from somewhere and ate almost all the bottle and all but one pill. Spent few hours in Vet getting him to puke and run an IV. Vet says charcol proabably not needed, I hope so. Only concern is GI, gastor instinetine inflamation. I am back at work now, been on phone already with doctor twice, all looks good. Man I hate when things like this happens.

JSM
06/14/2000, 10:21 AM
Let us know how your dog is doing. I know I'd be a mess if my dog did that! He's practically my kid! What am I saying, he IS my kid and believe me he runs the house. They're great friends, hope everything turns out fine.

Janna

aLittletank
06/14/2000, 10:21 AM
well at least things look like they are going to turn out OK. the vet bills will probably not be cheep on that one though :(

This is a good selling point for those of us trying to indoctronate our spouses. "honey my reef will never chew on the couch, kitchen cabnets, sons arm, or your medication" :rolleyes:

Allen

[This message has been edited by aLittletank (edited 06-14-2000).]

Staceon
06/14/2000, 10:34 AM
Report number three, they did find a lot of pills(he eat about 20) in his puke, So that is good news since a lot of them had not dissolved.

Anybody ever watch Emergency Vets on animal planet? We do and cry on half those stories.....a lot different when it is your own.

The other dog, Bane, was just as scared when I got back home. Amazing, true Janna they are our kids.

Playfair
06/14/2000, 12:59 PM
Stac, glad things are turning out ok! The worst part about dogs is that he would do it all over again, not relating those pills to the he11 he's gone through...

aLt, not a good argument! When was the last time a dog peed 100 gals on the floor, or melted when the power went out? http://www.reefcentral.com/smilies/goldfish.gif

------------------

Mistress Reef (http://www.fortunecity.com/petparade/fins/1/reef.html)

Staceon
06/14/2000, 01:26 PM
Update four: vets says doing ok.....have to take Duke back in few days for blood work to make sure no damange done to kidneys. Poor little Duke, only little over year old and already had two TPO's and now this. He doesn't like the vets office to much.