PDA

View Full Version : Strange things kids do...........

hford
06/11/2000, 09:16 PM
I just had to share this with yall!!!!
Last night as I was tapping away at my 'puter
my three year old came to me with this awful look on her face and told me that her mouth was burning. She started hurling, so I ran her to the potty. I smelled fingernail polish remover. I left her in there for a second to check her room where, she was supposed to have been sleeping. She had somehow gotten a bottle of the remover and poured most of it in her glass of kool-aid.
I guess she took her a big swig of it and decided she wasn't supposed to drink that.
I went back to check on her, then yelled at my husband, who was sleeping on the couch, to get up, which he did in one quick motion.
We took her to the ER, where everything checked out OK. Turns out acetone dosen't hurt in such small quantities. She was fine, but I wish they would have given be some of what Q-ball has, I was a nervous wreck.
So anyonne else have stories to share, just wondering if my kide were the only ones who ever did stuff like this.

------------------
Terminal pet shop employee,
Heather L Ford

Q-ball
06/12/2000, 04:53 AM
wow, can't say as I've experienced this yet personally, no kids yet (although I've had a few kids take a trip in the ambulance). Sorry to say, I don't think any of my pills would have helped you with this though. Thankfully your little girl is ok. Whew!

Q

------------------
Reality is merely a short-lived perception, make of it what you will.

Playfair
06/12/2000, 07:11 AM
This sort of thing scares me to death. I think I'm in the clear with my 5yo, but now have to start over with the baby... I believe that lots of communication, and even instilling a little fear, goes a long way.

It sounds as if your little one has learned the big lesson.

You just better hope that she doesn't want to see how the "pretty fishies" like some household chemicals!

------------------

Mistress Reef (http://www.fortunecity.com/petparade/fins/1/reef.html)

hesaias
06/12/2000, 04:07 PM
:eek:
Wow! Glad shes OK. My kids have given me a few scares in the past, but not quite like that.
My 11 yearold had seen his mother cleaning her ears with q-tips, for which I scolded her lots(she didnt listen :D) and one night he decided to try. He comes into the bedroom with a bloody q-tip crying! Fortunatly he didnt do any permanant dammage
Kids!

------------------
hesaias
My Reefscape (http://www.angelfire.com/on3/hesaias/index.html)

My Homepage (http://www.angelfire.com/on2/hesaias/index.html)

Dave
06/12/2000, 08:33 PM
Kids scare me. My wife and myself have spent countless days in the hospital and its no fun. When you sum it up a childs health is a billion times more important than a tank.
Dave
PS my kids drink tap and my fish have RODI

Rick O
06/12/2000, 09:21 PM
Several years ago while on vacation my oldest (then three) poured a whole pot of hot coffee onto his foot. He got his first ambulance ride (we didn't have a car while on vacation), and had to go back to the hospital everyday to put his foot in the iodine whirlpool. Thank god your girl is ok.

Rick

O'Man
06/12/2000, 09:22 PM
Glad to hear your kid is fine. I have nightmares about that sort of thing. I remember dropping one of my tiny heart pills and spending a half an hour on my hands and knees searching for it, because when my daughter was 2, everything she found went into her mouth. She is now 5, but I still cannot get an answer to where the blue, green, yellow, and red magic marker lines on her leg came from yesterday.

FishWish
06/14/2000, 08:01 AM
Heather, WOW!! I'm also so glad your little darking is OK.
Man that stuff scare me.
Mine are 18 and 22 now, and I really can't remeber much scary stuff like that.
My Son did break his leg when he jumped off of our porch railing and down about 8 feet when he was nine.
he had donned a bedsheet and used it as a cape.
he was doing his best Caped Crusador,Superman Flying impression.
He has since stayed grounded :D...