PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the NVR forum !

plankton
04/04/2005, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the new Nortern Valley Reefers (NVR) forum were all are welcome to help make this new club even better.

We officially incorporated as a non-profit organization back in February of 2005, after consulting with several existing successfully run clubs such as BAR and MARS, and have been well received by local fish stores and attended by folks from Sacramento to Fresno, Concord to Modesto.

Our primary goal is to create an open, inclusive environment were local folks can meet to exchange information about keeping and propagating saltwater creatures as well as participate in the greater 'saltwater' communities.

We encourage you to check out ourwebsite (http://www.nvreefers.org/) as well as our club and are always open to constructive advice.

Thanks.

NVR

lanxang
04/04/2005, 04:34 PM
cool

plankton
04/04/2005, 04:37 PM
Lak,

We know you are cool Mr. Treasurer. VBG

Any feedback from folks you've talked to regarding future club topics?

I've talked to some folks who'd like to talk about ways of making our reef habit into a self-sustaining hobby. e.g. Have the tank pay for itself or at least the electricity bill!! This could also be interpreted as means of limiting our hobbies's impact on the natural reefs. Whatcha think?

Scott

lanxang
04/04/2005, 04:48 PM
sound good.

when i was setting up the 30 cube i thought about all the possible way to make it use less electricity. Overall I think my tank uses about 300 watt when the lights are on and less than 100 when its off. I still have good turnover rate (40ish) and lighting is enough for SPS since most of it is on the top half of the tank.

Jesus
04/04/2005, 05:38 PM
Hey, scott! It's about time you got us our own account. (just kidding). It's kinda nice to see having our own. I quess were moving along. We need to get more donations. I need to set up my tank soon. I am looking for help to move my 240 into the fish room.

Jesus

weatherson
04/04/2005, 06:06 PM
Congrats NVR on your new RC forum!

Joseph

pwrstretch
04/04/2005, 10:02 PM
glad to see we got a forum on rc. Scott, how are you liking the tunzes. Jesus, if you need help let me know.

mike

plankton
04/04/2005, 10:08 PM
Jesus - Warn me when you need some help moving that beast of yours to your fish room and I'll be there.

Pwrstretch - Tunze setup is sweet and still playing with modes of flow.

Weatherson - Thanks and sweet CVR club logo BTW

The BOD wanted to wait till the website was up before submitting request to create this forum. Big thanks to Jake (Mothra) for putting such a nice website together in such a short amount of time.

Scott

sermech
04/04/2005, 10:22 PM
HEY SO AS NOT TO CONFUSE ANYBODY BLUBFISH HERE MY NAME HERE IS SERMECH DO TO MY COMPUTER GLECH BACK ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO HAD TO CHANGE MY LOG IN TO SERMECH GLAD WE HAVE A FORM HERE.
:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :D :D :D

mothra
04/05/2005, 02:18 PM
Our own little slice of RC... not bad :D