PDA

View Full Version : FREE green cap frags

Bocaswim
04/03/2005, 10:10 AM
HI All,

I know we were not going to do any more trading until the June Fragswap, so I am just giving these away. I was moving things around in the tank and needed to frag a small pice of my large green capricornis to fit in a perfect spot. Well I should have used a dremel instead of a hammer :eek: I now have a bunch of med frags and no room to keep them in the tank. I hate to just throw them away, so anyone who can pick them up today or tomorrow can have them. I am putting them in the sump so by Tues they will be light starved.

I might be going to Tanks alot in Lake Worth later if they are open so I could meet you there. Pm for my Phone # if you want em. I also have green based orange digi frag I will sell for $10 to make it worth the trip.

KING OF THE REEF
04/03/2005, 05:15 PM
hey gayle any chance i could get one? i cant get down there but if someone else in the club is getting one i could have them grab one for me too. i would be willing to go as far as greg's thanks

Bocaswim
04/03/2005, 05:29 PM
Hi Phil,

I would rather they go into a tank with more lighting. Nothing personal but you yourself have said you have trouble keeping SPS with your current lighting. I have them under 250 watt DE bulbs and would think they need at least MH to continue to thrive. I may have some nice blue zoos for you at the fragswap.

chapnutstmc
04/03/2005, 05:40 PM
i live in ohio is there anyway you could ship some pieces to me, i would love some.

KING OF THE REEF
04/03/2005, 07:27 PM
gayle, i have enough light for one. i have 6 watts a gallon on my 26 bow. i also have the halideon my nano back in use let me know

Bocaswim
04/03/2005, 07:44 PM
sorry Chap not shipping pickup only for locals.

Phil if you can get down this way I can give you a frag to try, but I am very busy with work and unable to deliver anywhere north of here.

Ludwigia73
04/03/2005, 08:46 PM
Boca, are you coming down this way anytime soon? I could go to Boca for a frag. I get off at 5 pm every day this week, and I have a nice piece of xenia elongata if you're willing to come down a bit. Thanks!

Bocaswim
04/03/2005, 09:00 PM
Ludwigia-Don't need anything in trade, just want to get them into a tank where they will thrive. I didn't have the heart to keep them in the sump so they are on the sandbed for the time being. I am in Coconut Creek tomorrow AM I can leave them at my office there. Can you pick up before 6pm?

KING OF THE REEF
04/03/2005, 09:59 PM
hey gayle never mind then ill grab one when you frag it again

gearhead
04/03/2005, 10:37 PM
AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

why can't this stuff happen closer to me??? :D

GregM779
04/03/2005, 11:24 PM
Can I help you get over your previous dependencies that you have above your avatar?

Bocaswim
04/04/2005, 06:45 AM
Greg-

That has been my member description for a while now. I am trying not to purchase any new ones just trade with what I got. Thanks for the offer though. I am waiting for you to give up your phone I have a nice new color for you.

ctaegar
04/04/2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Gayle,
I have lots of real estate, I'd love one! I'd also be most happy to pick up - I want to see your tank now that you've got all the cabinetry, etc...

KING OF THE REEF
04/04/2005, 04:52 PM
hey ctaegar i hate to ask this, but if you go down could you grab one for me too please? i am close to tequesta so i could pick up on the weekend if this is ok. lmk thanks

Bocaswim
04/04/2005, 07:01 PM
Hey Chris,

No problem I can keep one for you. Are you all going to the Broward LFS this weekend? If so maybe you can come by on your way back from there.

mixer911
04/04/2005, 08:58 PM
Gayle, I can stop by, if you have any left.

Rick

Bocaswim
04/04/2005, 09:36 PM
Hey Rick

I have a few left, I am pretty tied up all week, will have to be next weekend. I can PM you with my availability closer to the weekend.

KING OF THE REEF
04/04/2005, 09:51 PM
please save me one. where do you live? my uncle lives off of gateway blvd in a place called LE PALLES (i think thats how to spell it. i might be able to grab one next week. just dint tell my parents that i have my halide working cause they'll kill me. i only run it for about 1 hour a day as i still need a fan for my canopy. thanks

Bocaswim
04/04/2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry Phil that was the last one to mixer

J/k I have a small one for you to try and if it does well under your lighting I can get you another larger piece later. Don't forget that you are the one who keeps trying to give away all the SPS that have turned brown in your systems, that is not a good sign. Something is missing from your current setups. Most SPS need pristine water, high lighting and calcium supplementation.

ctaegar
04/04/2005, 11:30 PM
PM Sent
:-)

mixer911
04/05/2005, 06:35 AM
Gotcha.

Bocaswim
04/05/2005, 06:50 AM
Frags are reserved for:

Ludwigia
Ctaegar
Mixer911
ImaFragmologist

Still have a couple left.

Ludwigia73
04/05/2005, 07:02 AM
Hey Ima, I know it's a bit of a silly move, but since Boca has to get rid of them quick, when I pick mine up I can pick yours up as well, and bring it to the meeting for you. That is unless you can find a better way to do it.

KING OF THE REEF
04/05/2005, 09:23 AM
well i could grab one tday my grandfather has been taken to jfk hospital and i will there almost all day with my family. I could meet you there in the parking lot gayle. call my cell phone @ 561-324-7041 and we can work something out. thanks for holding one for me chriss if i cannot meet gayle tday then i will have you grab mine for me and we will meet up some day this month at big als or some other place thanks again

KING OF THE REEF
04/05/2005, 09:23 AM
well i could grab one tday my grandfather has been taken to jfk hospital and i will there almost all day with my family. I could meet you there in the parking lot gayle. call my cell phone @ 561-324-7041 and we can work something out. thanks for holding one for me chriss if i cannot meet gayle tday then i will have you grab mine for me and we will meet up some day this month at big als or some other place thanks again

Carl_in_Florida
04/05/2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Gayle, do you have one left? Finally got my tank back up.

Ludwigia73, you got pm

Thanks,

Carl

Bocaswim
04/05/2005, 03:24 PM
Ima-sorry to hear about your grandfather, I am at work all day today and not able to come up and meet you. Don't worry I have a piece with your name on it.

Carl-Sure you can have one too. I'll email everyone who has dibs this weekend so you can arrange to come and pick em up.

Carl_in_Florida
04/05/2005, 03:55 PM
woohoo!

Ludwigia73
04/05/2005, 06:48 PM
Boca, when can we meet up?

Carl, I could probably scrape up a couple of wagon wheel shrooms for you, unmounted. All you'd have to do is drop em in a tupperware with some crushed coral or small rocks, and they'll attach quickly.

Carl_in_Florida
04/05/2005, 06:51 PM
ludwigia - thanks! sent you a pm but here it is anyway. Maybe we can meet at Gayle's for the pickup of the other frag.

Carl

Bocaswim
04/05/2005, 09:15 PM
Sure a frag pickup party at my house :)

I won't be around til the weekend, if you all can wait I will send you an email with directions and a timeframe for this weekend. Most likely sometime Saturady afternoon will be best for me. Ludwigia I can still bring a frag to my office for you to pick up I will most likely be in the Coconut Creek location Saturday morning.

KING OF THE REEF
04/05/2005, 09:29 PM
hey if you will be holding a frag thing saturday ill be there if i can get a ride as my grabdfather is having some sort of surgery tmmrw and will be in until i think next monday lmk. hey gayle i might be able to pick it up tmmrw as i will be down there again . my uncle lives in a community called LE PALAIS off of gateway near an elemntary school

Bocaswim
04/05/2005, 09:45 PM
Hi Phil,,
I think I have driven by that community at some point. Can't remeber exactly where it is I am near the Boynton mall.

I will PM you with my phone number and you can give me a call when you are in the area. I am working all day but will probably be home by 6:00pm.

KING OF THE REEF
04/05/2005, 10:26 PM
on not too far south of where i go i got the pm and will call you

Ludwigia73
04/06/2005, 08:28 AM
I'll tell you what, Gayle, I'll make it easy for you. If I can come by neighborhood of 2pm on Sat, I'll come to you. Anyone up there that wants me to bring things they're buying from me let me know. I get off work Sat at 1 pm, so I can come directly from work.

Carl_in_Florida
04/06/2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Ludwigia73
Anyone up there that wants me to bring things they're buying from me let me know. I get off work Sat at 1 pm, so I can come directly from work.

Meet you there.

KING OF THE REEF
04/06/2005, 09:43 AM
lmk all i want is a cap frag nothing else but maybe a look see at your tank gayle.

Bocaswim
04/06/2005, 06:01 PM
Ludwigia,

Did you want to come up to Boynton or do you want me to bring a frag to Coconut Creek Sat AM? I will be long gone from the office by 2:00, but will be home by that time.

reefarchitect
04/06/2005, 08:55 PM
Gayle,

I am not a club member yet. but intend to be soon. I am very interested in one of the frags if you are willing to part with it to a non-member. I am available to pick it up anytime in the early evening or on the weekend.

Thanks.

AJL.

KING OF THE REEF
04/06/2005, 10:13 PM
hey gayle ill call you tmmrw to set up a time to stop by to pick it up. carl i have apurple shroom you can have for a free unless if yopu have a shroom you want to get rid of. it is nice size and willing to go to your tank. lmk

Ludwigia73
04/07/2005, 06:43 AM
I'll come to Boynton, it seems there's a lot of people from up there that I owe frags to. Drop me a pm with your number, and I'll call you when it comes time.

Bocaswim
04/07/2005, 06:52 AM
Ludwig- PM sent

Ima- I rushed home and waited for your call yesterday, but never heard from you hope everything went Ok at the hospital. I am out in the field all day today and cannot make any promises when I will be home. It will have to be Saturday.

Reefarchitect-yes i have another you can have.

KING OF THE REEF
04/07/2005, 09:09 AM
i couldnt come down yesturday as i had a few personal finanacial things to take care of (had to help my dad with the taxes as i have done for the last 4 years). I will be down today but cannot come over as i must be home by 5pm to shower and leave for the JUpiter Hammerheads opening day at rodger dean stadium. I am not sure about saturday just depends on how my parents feel and how i fell as i have basketball friday night for 4 hours. i will call you and set up a time for saturday if i can come if hnot, ill have someone hold it for me in thier tank (ludwigia or cteager if they are willing). Thanks for understanding and so sorry to keep you from work yesturday as i had every entention of being down there. ill ttyl

jeffbrig
04/07/2005, 03:53 PM
Bocaswim, I think it's great what you're doing here. Everyone getting these should make it a point to give away a similar frag at some point in the future. It's good karma :)

I'd ask if you have any left, but I've still got a quite a way to go before I'm ready for coral... :(

Ludwigia73
04/07/2005, 05:57 PM
Ima, I'll hold one for you in my tank till the meeting.

Ludwigia73
04/07/2005, 06:57 PM
Gayle, I have Zoltetov over my house now picking up some xenia, he's wondering if he can get a frag if there're any left? Thanks, and see you Sat!

Bocaswim
04/07/2005, 08:46 PM
Jeffbrig-Iam sure to have plenty of frags in the future when your ready. I have been following the thread on your beautiful tank.

Ludwigia- I may have one more left, will have to wait and see after this weekend.

KING OF THE REEF
04/07/2005, 09:24 PM
thanks chris but i am going to pick it up on saturday as long as i come down for my grandfather as i am like 5 minutes north of gayle. so thanks for the offer and ill pm you sat morning if i cant come dow so you can hold it for me thanks again

reefarchitect
04/07/2005, 10:41 PM
Boca,

I really appreciater it. I have plenty of landscape to fill. Please send me an email at:

reefarchitect@adelphia.net

so we can schedule the pick up. I can come by tomorrow night, or morning/late afternoon on Saturday.

Thanks again.

AJL

Diesel3443
04/08/2005, 10:22 PM
Hey Gayle, my name wasnt on that list:)

The reactors up in running:) I will be paying a to Rafael in a week or two then we will have a real trade swap. got a nice piece of metalic pink oxypora today that you might also be interested in
--No leopard wrasses yet:)

Bocaswim
04/09/2005, 08:47 AM
Hey Sean,

Thanks for looking out for me. Don't worry there are several frags here with your name on them :) Once you get everything stabilized let me know. Glad to hear the reactor is all set.

Carl_in_Florida
04/09/2005, 09:23 AM
Ludwigia73 - what time do you want to meet?

Carl

KING OF THE REEF
04/09/2005, 12:31 PM
hey gayle i think i can come around 4-5 pm does this sound good? call my cell at 561-324-7041 and let me nkow as i am leaving to go to my grandparents house now see you some time today or next week

Diesel3443
04/09/2005, 03:43 PM
Thats cool Gayle, I took your advice on switching to NSW for water changes and I cannot believe what happened when I did the water change, I had the most Polyp extension Ive seen in a while:)

Bocaswim
04/09/2005, 05:12 PM
Hey Sean-Yes as you can tell I am a really big fan of lots of NSW changes. Glad to hear you can already see the benefits.

Thanks to everyone who made it by today to pick up the frags-I hope they are going to grow fast and stay nice and colorful for you.

Now I will have plenty of room on the sandbed to grow out frags for the summer fragswap :)

nanokeeper
04/09/2005, 06:27 PM
My hats off to you Gayle for your generosity today. Thanks so much for everything and I really hope you enjoy those zoos. Your tank is a real beauty..........

Pete

reefarchitect
04/09/2005, 06:39 PM
Gayle,

Much thanks and appreciation; not only for the frags, but for your time as well. My wife and I really enjoyed all of your company and felt very welcome. I hope to see you all again in the near future and develop "a reef geek alliance" of sorts.

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.

AJL

Bocaswim
04/09/2005, 06:39 PM
Hey Pete-The zoos have just opened and they are really spectacular. I am very happy with our trade. Keep the frags low and acclimate them up in your tank slowly for the best results.

Armando-I have your little collection of frags on hold-don't worry they will only get bigger :) Let me klnow how the monti's make out and when you are ready for the others, Thanks for stopping by with your family.

Carl_in_Florida
04/09/2005, 07:01 PM
Hey Gayle - Thanks for the hospitality. I appreciate you letting my whole family in to see your tank.
I will let you know how the frags turn out.

carl

Diesel3443
04/09/2005, 09:35 PM
Yep Gayle is an upstanding person in the community----

Im going to get a nice piece of lokani soon Gayle thats one you dont have:)

reefarchitect
04/09/2005, 09:59 PM
Gayle,

I tried to take some pictures. These frags are awesome, they had polyp extension only an hour after being added to the tank.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/87111DSC02111__Custom_.JPG http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/87111DSC02143__Custom___2_.JPG

Pictures arent great, but I'm working on figuring out my camera.

Thanks again.

Ludwigia73
04/09/2005, 10:09 PM
I got ya beat, mine had polyp extension in the car ride home. Thanks a bunch, Gayle, the frags look really nice! Now I just have to make more room!

Bocaswim
04/10/2005, 07:01 AM
Hey Sean- No lokani here-and I really need one don't you think :)

Happy to hear the frags are acclimating well to their new homes everyone. Soon they will be big enough for you to pass frags on to someone else :) Which is recommended but not required.

Chris how about that purple a. Nana does it look even more purple under your lighitng? It is a very purple coral. I would like to see a 14 K DE bulb in person before I replace my 10k bulbs. They are due soon. I am trying to squeeze a year out of them.

As a reminder to everyone who picked up frags, please start them low in your tank. They were growing out on my sandbed and I only run halides for five hours a day, you don't want to light shock them.

Ludwigia73
04/10/2005, 07:09 AM
They don't look any more purple, but the green polyps are a little greener. I'm extremely happy with the frag, it will probably grow to be my favorite in my tank (next to the sun polyps, lol)

Can't wait for it to be a colony!

ctaegar
04/10/2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks a million Gayle - Sherry came over this morning to pick up the brain and helped me decide where to put the frags. The orange digi is looking very sweet, I put it right next to the "reverse" colored one (tan with neon green polyps) I got from Rich. The green cap has the perfect place, too.
Again, thanks for your generosity!
I have to dig out my camera and see if I can remember how to take pics, It has been sequestered since the hurricanes.
:-)
Again, a thousand thank-you's!

Bocaswim
04/10/2005, 07:30 PM
you're welcome :)

nanokeeper
04/11/2005, 07:41 AM
Gayle,

Glad your happy with the zoos. The frags I picked up from you are nothing short of spectacular. Thanks again.

Also, I have (2) Phoenix DE 14k if you would like to take a look at them in person. They are running on IC ballasts so they are not as bright as if they were on a PFO HQI ballast. I am happy with them. I'm still trying to decide if I will add some VHO or T-5 actinic to supplement. I really like that glow that your T-5s put out.

Come by anytime if your interested in taking a look.

Pete

Bocaswim
04/11/2005, 02:23 PM
Hi Pete,

I will definately take you up on that. I will see what my schedule looks like this weekend and give you a call to see if you're available.

zoltetov
04/11/2005, 11:04 PM
Thank you so much for the frag! Chris picked it up for me this weekend and I'll get it from him tomorrow! I can't wait to get it, but that was really nice of you! Thanks again!!

Jason

Carl_in_Florida
04/20/2005, 11:36 AM
Here is a shot of the frags I got from you and chris from the top.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/carl_in_florida/1000/PICT1096.jpg

Thanks!!

Carl

Bocaswim
04/20/2005, 02:50 PM
Hi Carl,

Looking great glad to see they are doing well in your system, in no time they will outgrow your tank. :)

Carl_in_Florida
04/20/2005, 03:33 PM
This is my first monti so i am excited to watch what it does. I was really supprised that there are polyps on the top and bottom and i had no idea how slimey these are.

Thanks again.

Carl