PDA

View Full Version : Another BEER Thread

Rinaldi
05/31/2000, 08:42 PM
The other Beer thread reminded me of a question I've been wanting to ask. Does anyone else notice any correlation between Anheuser-Busch products and headaches? Sounds crazy I know. For years various people told me that they got headaches and I didn't believe them. Maybe its the power of suggestion, but I actually have noticed a correlation myself, and I am not talking about a hangover situation either. Anyone else ever hear this or notice it?

jimhobbs
06/01/2000, 04:14 AM
All of em' give me a headache! :)

shellisland
06/01/2000, 05:27 AM
yeah, i have also noticed that some beers will make my husband start coughing-almost an allergic reaction. Maybe has to do with the hops or something. Off topic, but some cigarettes are the same way-Marlboro Lights are notorious headache producers.Which only makes me question what the hell they put in 'em!
Most beers seem to make me clumsy :D!

------------------
I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted the paychecks

jimhobbs
06/01/2000, 05:54 AM
Marboro lights are bleeched! :eek: hehehe...Hold up one, and hold up a marboro regular...Look at the tabacco at the tip...The lights are "lighter" in color! :eek: They're bleeched! :D

Have fun guys!...jim :)

dragon0121
06/01/2000, 08:49 AM
shellisland,
Well..... According to the commercial (shrug) there are 101 poisons in a cig.

By the way, I LMAO at the bungie (sp?) jumping commercial where the third guy explodes! :D

Duh! (best Homer noise)
All Bud products give me a headache. Can't stand any of them and won't touch them anymore!

[This message has been edited by dragon0121 (edited 06-01-2000).]

coralhound
06/01/2000, 03:12 PM
LMAO

I have a correlation with budweiser and the $hits! dunno why but everytime I have one...

Thats why for a yellow pilsner I go for a miller product.

CH

------------------
Please BUY captive bred marine life...
My website: Moon Tide Reefs (http://www.qis.net/~ckkuehn)

signu459
06/01/2000, 04:20 PM
I don't like any Bud product except their commercials.

However it has nothing to do with headaches, it is taste. There is a direct correlation between hops and headaches for those of us unlikely to be allergic to hops. I find that Any beer I drink that is heavily Hopped will give me a spliting headache within 30 minutes of my fist drink of it. I have gottne to the point that I do not like the tast of hoppy beers as a result. So if you get headaches from beer try drinking less hopped beer or just try drinking less!!!1

Or better yet try drinking wine :D

aLittletank
06/01/2000, 04:30 PM
Personaly NOT having a Marboro light gives me a head ache. :rolleyes:

as far as the beer, I never noticed a difference... after the first couple they all went down the same :)

Allen

billsreef
06/01/2000, 05:45 PM
The reason for the headache when drinking "Bud" is simple: It is the pain caused by the brain trying to escape the body. It's mission: to find a body who knows "Bud" is not beer!

Note: The opinion above is that of Mrs. billsreef and is not necessarily that of billsreef but probably is.

horge
06/06/2000, 08:40 PM
blackfish pics.

Martyn
06/07/2000, 06:29 PM
Can't remember the after effect it's such a long time i drank beer.
http://w1.511.telia.com/~u51102888/anims/cartoon8/rabb_anm.gif

Martyn