PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Jim

Fazm79
01/13/2002, 07:44 PM
Jim I just wanted to thank you and your wife for the great food and hospitality. Your tanks are awesome. I was really impressed with the vibrant colors which some of your acros displayed.

I wish you didn't have the birds because thats another hobby I would love to get into .. unfortunately that Macaw I want is going for about 6K (which is 6K more than I can afford).

Thanks again for having us and for the free frags. See your Saturday (hopefully)!

Rovert
01/13/2002, 07:56 PM
Ditto! I always have fun hanging around with you guys. Always a lot of laughs, and good times. Looking forward to the next one!

bahrhoops
01/13/2002, 08:37 PM
Jim, sorry i could'nt make it , I was kicking myself all day today at work just wishing I could see your set-up.I always had the impression you have a great SPS collection and from what i hear it's true.Definitely next time!
-steve bahr

ATLANTIS
01/13/2002, 08:52 PM
Yes,

I would also like to thank Jim and his wife for having us over!!!

It was another good time with NJ reefers!!!!

BORECKI
01/13/2002, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the hospitality! Nice tanks and very well behaved birds!
Boris.

jimroth
01/13/2002, 11:53 PM
Well, what can I say? My thanks to all of you for coming over, especially those who trekked in from so far away.
It was great to have a chance to show off my tanks.
Let's all try and get together and do it again next month! Somewhere else!;)

Spykey
01/14/2002, 08:57 AM
Jim,

I'd like to thank you and your wife for the hospitality. Your tanks are awesome!!!! I now understand why they call you the xenia man.;)

This was another good time with the NJ reefers club. Hopefully we can have many many more.

-Larry-

gmh320
01/14/2002, 09:10 AM
Yes, Jim, thanks for having us over, and thanks for the xenia. I hope I can get it to grow like you! :D See you soon.
Greg

volk23
01/14/2002, 10:46 AM
nice tank, say thank you to your wife Jim for helping me with right directions. loved the birds, except the part that the green one bit me ! :)

Nugel, are you sure there were sand stars in the bad? I really looked hard when putting them in the tank and saw nothing but some sand. How small are they?

danmar26
01/14/2002, 05:19 PM
Jim, Thanks for having me,I enjoyed meeting you guys.Your tanks are spectacular.------Ralph

Aquariust
01/14/2002, 05:34 PM
Jim thanks for having us all over! Those pigs in a blanket were delicious!

You have very mature and beautiful tanks!

Thank your wife for all of us for her hospitality, and kid patrol;)

Had a great time as always with the NJ Reefers Club! Thanks everyone who traded frags.

Until Next time!

Nagel
01/18/2002, 12:10 AM
First,

Thanks for the hosting Jim. Tanks are looking great, much different then when I saw 'em in august. That blue tortuosa is gorgeous!

next..

Great time with a great group of people. Always proves to be interesting and a learning experience. Thanks to Boris for the limpets, and thanks to Paul for the polyp assortment. As always, a good amount of trading, and I'm sure we all loved jims two sweet tanks.

and finally..

Originally posted by volk23
Nagel, are you sure there were sand stars in the bad? I really looked hard when putting them in the tank and saw nothing but some sand. How small are they?

Positive, at least 8 of them. Caught them all with a turkey baster, put them in a red bowl, then dumped and flushed the red bowl into the bag. I notice when I drop them in a tank (droppped 1/2 dozen into the 75) they curl into a ball till they hit the substrate. They ARE tiny, largest one was about 1/2" across, smallest anbout 1/4". Thats why I suggested just dump the water in a colored bowl and flush out the bag counting 'em.

I can always bring some more to the next meeting, maybe try a tupperware container next time?