PDA

View Full Version : Clown Eggs

mako56
03/30/2005, 09:56 PM
Looks like I will become a Grandpa, now I need to find out how to take care of them.:rollface:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/31094Internet_029.JPG

z28cam
03/30/2005, 10:09 PM
Nice, gonna need some rotifers for them.

And im not positive but I think you need to get them out of the tank that the parents are in otherwise they will eat them.

I hope you get some children :) make sure to keep us updated.

jmkarcz
03/31/2005, 09:40 AM
Awesome!

Joyce Wilkerson's book Clownfishes is pretty handy. It says to siphon them if you can't remove them prior to hatch - looks like their on the glass.

How long have you had the pair? and if you don't mind me asking... how big is your female?

Good luck.
Jason

mako56
03/31/2005, 11:58 PM
Not good looks like someone had a late night meal before I got the eggs out. I put in a small piece of plexi-glass so maybe next time they might lay the eggs on it. It was one of those things where my anemone split like four times now and the parts moved in different spots in the tank. Two of them were killing two of my corals and keeping the clowns in the back of the tank so yesterday I took out the anemones and found the eggs so I am guessing that they were protecting the eggs too, oh well try again. I have had these two for about a year and a half now. The female is about three inches long and about three times the size of male.

z28cam
04/01/2005, 02:25 AM
Well that sucks.

Light a candle turn on the moon lights and some soft music and maybe they will try again :D

jmkarcz
04/01/2005, 11:44 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... That set of 6 tanks I'm setting up i hope to breed something in...hope. I should be able to do an anenome in 2 weks or so if one is stil avail.?

Book says tile... or terra cotta is favorite. stop by, I'll get you set up for free, i'll even cut it on the saw to the size you want and find you a good color.

2870 s. Broadway

Jmkarcz

mako56
04/04/2005, 02:56 PM
Well I pulled two of them off the rocks the other day (don't really think thats a good way to do it) and put them in the small tank in the basement and they are alive but look kinda hurting. I tryed to find a some info on how to remove them but couldn't any ideas? Thanks for the offer for the tile sounds like a plan maybe when I bring you the anemone. And z28 I think they like the soft music,,,LOL.:rollface:

kass03
04/05/2005, 02:01 AM
Thats 1 beautiful clown. I'm sure they will spawn again good luck!

kass

mako56
04/05/2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks thats the old man, Ma looks even better. Ya they will spawn again and again I would think now.

jmkarcz
04/06/2005, 08:38 AM
Try not disturbing them too much.. I heard that maroons are fussy, They will spawn speraticaly, then if disturbed, cease indefintly. I heard (read) somewhere, that you are better to loose the initial few batches to develop a repeatitive behavior, than try to save the first batch and risk all.

Good luck... pop in when your ready.

Jason