PDA

View Full Version : New Acro

clarktod
03/30/2005, 09:35 PM
I know that most you do not approve of Mini Critters but I stopped in there during lunch today and they got a shipment of new corals in yesterday. I picked this one up today, it is a little bigger than a softball.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/11141New_acro-med.jpg

ultrinn
03/31/2005, 09:29 PM
That is a nice.

Travis
04/01/2005, 03:54 AM
Nice find. Acropora nasuta?????????

I'm not a fan of Mini Critters but I will admit you can get lucky there. I've been lucky enough to find a couple "choice" pieces there in the past. For example, the one in my avatar. That one was brown when I got it though.

Did they just get some new sps in or something? Anything decent left?

clarktod
04/01/2005, 09:18 AM
They got a new shipment in direct from Tonga that had a few very nice pieces in it. They still had a couple of dark blue tip ones left and one deep purple with lime green tips that I just might have to have.

Travis
04/01/2005, 12:58 PM
Cool! I may have to stop in and check them out. Won't be able to til Saturday though so you may get them before I get a chance to see them. If you are going to get them I would do it fast before they start receding in their tanks. It doesn't take long before all the sps start dying in their tanks. You are best off to get them right away after they come in. If you get some more be sure to post some pics for us.

Lunchbucket
04/02/2005, 01:55 PM
cool i might have TRY to stop by. i was in town last night (friday) and ONLY stopped SL because MC usually has NOTHING. go figure the one time i don't stop they have something

if you don't mind how much was that coral?

Lunchbucket

clarktod
04/02/2005, 08:51 PM
It was a lot more than I should have spent but I could not resist. I paid just under $90 for it (don't tell the better half). It is not very often that I see anything with color (other than brown) in town and I just had to have it.

It is doing very well adapting to my tank. I went back there today to pick up another one that I liked but somebody was in this morning and bought it along with 6 other piece's. Was it anybody here?

Todd

Lunchbucket
04/03/2005, 01:17 AM
clarktod - i figured they would be about 89 bucks...that is usually what i have seen them go for

i DOUBT anyone here bought them. i have seen one Dr. in town that bought about 5 colonies when i was there one time. Mark said he has a nice put together sytem (MH, chiller, ca reactor, etc) but not sure what it looks like. hope they all live

Lunchbucket

Travis
04/03/2005, 10:36 AM
clarktod, I don't buy much stock from them so I don't know what their prices usually run. The few pieces I have gotten from them were around $40-$50 but quite a bit smaller than your piece looks. How big is it anyways? It wasn't me either. I never did get a chance to get in there to look. Since they are going fast, maybe Mini Critters will start carrying more sps. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Lunch, the last time I was in there I was talking with Mark and he said that they have been getting more sps in lately because a new surgeon had recently moved to town that was into sps. You should've gotten his number or something. We need to go over there and make sure he is taking good care of those corals, LOL.

Lunchbucket
04/03/2005, 02:23 PM
i actually saw the guy when he was there and bought corals. i was gonna talk w/ him but i was in a hurry and the wife was w/ me and talking to me.

maybe mark would help out w/ his number and stuff

Lunchbucket