PDA

View Full Version : Free Xenia

moe_k
01/13/2002, 01:01 AM
Anyone want Xenia elongata ?
I'll be ripping out on every other weekend, and will just throw away what I don't want.

Standing offer: Just email me to make arrangements for free Xenia.
Can be seen in background of the image below:

http://www.netsig.com:8080/users/moe/digitata1.jpg

Jim Godfrey
01/13/2002, 10:59 AM
Hmmmm..... That stuff looks vaguely familiar!!!! I'm ready to thin mine again, so anybody on the south shore area wants to stop by for some would be welcome. Also have misc. shrooms and polyps.

BTW Moe, any more news on the possibility of a meeting @ NEAQ?

Take care, Jim Godfrey

jimbos
01/13/2002, 11:48 AM
Would love some here. I'll come and get it anytime.

moe_k
01/13/2002, 03:42 PM
I sent in a head count to my contact there, as he wanted.
Now I'm just waiting for him to reply. I'll bother him again on Fri. 1/18/02 if he doesn't answer.

And yeah Jim, you're right; that is the Xenia you gave me. Stuff grows like wildfire in my tank.

moe_k
01/13/2002, 09:39 PM
jimbos,

i'll donate xenia to your reef. send me an email ( moe.kirby@verizon.net ) and we can arrange things. are you busy next sat. or sun? i plan to do some pruning then.

howman
01/15/2002, 12:08 PM
moe -or anybody else

i would love some xenia, i can pick up, i live in newton--i have some mushrooms if interested

howard

howardmand@yahoo.com

reefmoron
01/15/2002, 12:27 PM
I'd be glad to have some stuff for my tank too... just let me know where to pick it up from ..thanks ...

Vilas
01/15/2002, 12:43 PM
I have some to spare as well, as well as some other frags. I live in brighton, but my fiance would rather I not have "strangers from the internet all over the place" (bad experiences in the past) Might this be easier accomplished at some central location? Is it time for another frag swap? :)

ScavDog
01/15/2002, 01:04 PM
Howman, I realize I promised you xenia. I do have time this week, but may be interested in a small swap if there is enough interest.

moe_k
01/15/2002, 03:17 PM
I can give away some Xenia this weekend.
It might be more efficient, as Vilas suggested, to do a little swap. Or more of a giveaway.
My girlfriend will have the Jeep this weekend (painting), so can we make the location accessible to the subway?

If people just want to stop by my little 1 bedroom apartment in South Boston on Saturday, I can have a few bags of Xenia ready.

howman
01/15/2002, 03:33 PM
hey moe,
i can drive into the city and do a pick up--if that is ok w/ you?

if i can park, that is another question.

howard

moe_k
01/15/2002, 03:50 PM
Howman,
Yeah, there will be plenty of parking Saturday on my street.
Saturday afternoon is good, if we don't decide to meet elsewhere. Send me an email at the Verizon address for directions and what not.

Reef-lite
01/15/2002, 04:58 PM
If you guys do a swap let me know.

Moe, are those orange zooanthids in that picture? Have you been successful in propagating them? If so, I'd be willing to trade or buy some off of you.

Vilas, I could use some more halimeda if you have some. I went away on vacation for a week and when I came back the halimeda was covered with green algae. I think a large feather duster died in my tank and polluted the water. It's slowly recovering, but it's touch and go as some parts are already turning white. How is the acro nana doing under your VHOs? I put mine all the way at the top of the water column and the tip is finally turning purple.

Howman, I have some more xenia if you can't get hooked up with Moe. Although it sounds like his strain of xenia might be more "kill-proof" than the ones I gave you.

I don't have much to trade with right now except for some anthelia and the omnipresent xenia (blue elongata and pink/white pom pom).

Thanks - Jim

moe_k
01/15/2002, 05:54 PM
Hey Reeflite,

No those aren't orange polyps, they're green polyps with an orange center. I haven't tried to propagate them. They are surrounded by Anthelia and Xenia, so they stay in plance.
Someday I'll drop a small stone onto them, and see if they'll latch on.

Vilas
01/15/2002, 08:17 PM
I have halmeida coming out of..well, never mind. A lot of it. I was going to throw it out! I also have lots of little frags, my tank's getting crowded. Trying to get xenia out without being attacked by the resident clownfish..well, if I show up bandaged, you can all guess why.
A place car accessible might be easiest if we're carting around lots of frags, especially xenia.
The acro's doing fine, it's growing, not quite as fast as my monti, but regardless, I'm pleased. Alas, it keeps getting knocked over by snails and whatnot, so it's been on the sandbed a great deal. The tip's turning bright green on mine.

moe_k
01/18/2002, 02:06 PM
So I guess no place to meet was picked for tomorrow, eh?

For the folks that emailed me, I can send you directions to my apartment.

gagnu
01/19/2002, 12:28 AM
Moe,

You got anymore Xenias? I'll take some off you hands... email me...

Shia
01/20/2002, 07:29 PM
Could someone ship the xenia?

moe_k
01/20/2002, 09:20 PM
Hey Shia,

Xenia doesn't ship well. It usually dies en route and leaves a smelly mess.

Is there a Milwaukee club you could get Xenia from? Free stuff is the best!

Good luck.

Shia
01/20/2002, 10:11 PM
There is a club, but I have looked at the location of most of the meetings and everyone is over 1.5 hours away.
I have heard that coral that has growing in tanks for several generations does alright during shipping, so I was hoping someone could help me out.

moe_k
05/22/2002, 09:07 AM
I have another small crop of Xenia ready.
If you can swing by my place in Southie this weekend (I will not ship) I will tear out a few hunks of Xenia for you.
I suggest you bring a jar or something to transport the stuff.
I probably have enough for 2 or 3 people to get started with this stuff.

murphq
05/22/2002, 10:50 AM
A tad off topic. But would anyone donate some frags or maybe sell me some cheap frags of xenia, mushrooms and zoos. My tank will finish cycling this time next month. So getting them now is not an option.

I am a broke college student.:(

Brimarbio
05/22/2002, 11:09 AM
I'm in the same boat as you are Murphq. I've had my tank running for about 2 years now and very slowly have been adding stuff, but it's sadly underpopulated due to lack of funding...
P.S. Are people still looking for contacts at the NEAq? I work with the Penguins and cna get ahold of the right people given enough time...
Brian

nanonano
05/22/2002, 11:54 AM
Hi Vilas

If you still any halmeida I'll take some off your hands. I'll be in the Oaksquare area this Sat afternoon visiting we can meet somewhere or if you want or Skipton earlier in the afternoon.

Richard

P.S I have two small piece of pulsating xenia on one rock if anyone is interested (poor college student).

topjimmy
05/22/2002, 12:01 PM
I would take some if you thought you could ship it via USPS(at my expense of course). feel free to email me. I always have room for more xenia...especially since mine crashed and burned after my cc to dsb switch.

Thanks
JimC.

moe_k
05/22/2002, 12:06 PM
I don't think Vilas has a tank anymore. She had to get out of the hobby temporarily.

moe_k
05/24/2002, 08:48 AM
So no takers huh?

95GalReef
05/29/2002, 01:31 PM
ME! I sent you an email that I hope you get, I will be downtown on Saturday...

moe_k
05/29/2002, 02:09 PM
You'll be around this Saturday 6/1/02?
It is likely I'll be around. I'll check my email, and get back to you.

creativesmurf
05/29/2002, 08:56 PM
YGM!

moe_k
05/29/2002, 08:59 PM
I finally found the emails folks. Sorry, I rarely check my Yahoo address.
I'm not sure if I'll be around this weekend, but I think so.
I'll let y'all know.

I have quite a crop growing in the tank now.

In the future use this email; moe.kirby@verizon.net

Thanks,
Moe

moe_k
06/01/2002, 07:34 PM
RC was down so I couldn't post this message today.
But I will be around all day tomorrow (and the rest of tonight).

Give me a call if you want to swing by and pick som free Xenia.
617-201-2632 (my girlfriend's cell phone - but i'll be carrying it).

Bring something to put the Xenia in, like tupperware.

Take care,
Moe

moe_k
06/06/2002, 09:24 PM
Okay, it is going this weekend.

I have a couple takers.
Anybody else want some?
email me at work during business hours:
mkirby@wyeth.com

email me after 5:00 friday:
moe.kirby@verizon.net

Remember to bring tupperware or something!
I live in South Boston.

(No, I still don't want to ship it anywhere.)