PDA

View Full Version : Frank,

Spikehs
01/11/2002, 08:18 PM
Frank,

I was just wondering if you were still breeding banggai's at all, and if you where what your set up was like (tried the prawn eggs yet?) thanks.

FMarini
01/11/2002, 10:55 PM
Hey:
thanks for the question.
Actually I am back at it again. (after a 2yr layoff)
Only for the reason of testing these new food alternatives. But i kinda sorted cheated, i got babies from a friend who couldn't take care of them. The banggers are in a 20long. Nothing special, but i am trying to get these fry eating nonliving foods. I do have prawn eggs from Guy, and i had no luck w/ this group, but honestly the fry were over 10days before i got the prawn eggs, and around day 10-15 i force the fry to switch over to shaved shrimp,fish, scallops, fish roe. I already had a few of them eating dead stuff. I have tried the prawn eggs. BUT it is still premature and i will try from day 1 w/ the next group of banggers..... I guarentee.
frank

Sally
01/12/2002, 08:44 AM
Frank, so you think the trick is to start with day 1 of the prawn eggs? I thought I would switch around day 15 with my first brood but i have had no luck getting them on prepared foods. I have a brood due any minute...today is day 29! I think I'll try the prawn eggs with them first day.

FMarini
01/12/2002, 02:48 PM
Sally:
As far as when to feed the prawn eggs I have NO idea. I'm hoping to get them to strike from day 1 on the prawn eggs, but that is strictly a guess. I have read other peoples reports that claim their banggers strike at dead foods from day 1. I have not had this experience. BUT now w/ the prawn eggs i'm hoping to change all that.
Day 15 you should be weening the fry onto small shaved pieces of shrimp, you can also try the prawn eggs then as well. i think the key is to starve the buggers for a day.
Hungry fish are brave fish
frank