PDA

View Full Version : MY-SEA committee: Web-site & logo

ONAGI
03/27/2005, 01:23 PM
Hello Everyone,
Here is the third thread to form a committee for the MY-SEA organization. We need to have people volunteer and form a team to develop plans for a web-site and logo for the MY-SEA organization. These plans should include domain hosting, costs, functions, access, and appearance of the site.

The plans needs to support and advance the mission of the organization. The plans should address how this will be a benefit to the club. For e.g. on-line monthly news letter, links to sponsors and etc. Identify your objectives and timelines of task accomplishment to steer the team.

Please sign up to this thread to volunteer your thoughts, skills, and efforts to complete this project. Someone will need to identify some structure to the team. For example, team leader, composer of information, presenter of the information at the next meeting, and whatever other functions or positions that the team deems necessary.

Let me know if you need anything else and good luck. Thanks.

STACKER
03/28/2005, 06:48 AM
I have quite a bit of experience in graphics generation (2D and 3D), some animation and embedding and years of code assembly so add me to this one. I also have all necessary software that I've used develop, host, and master 2 sites. A TEAM is a good idea here so one oe 2 folks don't simply put their flavour on everything. I'd suggest submitting all ideas to the membership for a thumbs up before proceeding. Also, I have a limited chunk of domain open for posting of a few pages for a short time while the club gets a treasury built to support such endevors outside.

ONAGI
03/28/2005, 05:16 PM
You are right on track Stacker. Definitely need to use a team process. Draft the plans and write a presentation for the next meeting for member approval.

It would be nice to see a paper representation of the ideas for the people that process information better visually.

The next step will then be development of the actual site by the team. Thanks for volunteering on this project.

STACKER
03/29/2005, 07:35 AM
If I have the time I may even blast together a portable site and carry in a laptop for an even better visual. Time is the big issue!

ONAGI
03/29/2005, 06:07 PM
Hopefully we'll get some others to pitch in and help with this. That would ease some of the time constraints.

STACKER
03/30/2005, 07:15 AM
time? WE don't need no steenking time! I think we need to have a logo contest (judged by popular vote) then we can submit some front page layouts incorporating the logo.

I think we should use a pic of Capone or John Gotti holding a nano full of softies. "Good-Fella's Reefers" LOLOLOLOL (I'm just tooo funny)