PDA

View Full Version : Local Acrylic Companies?

SptfireXIV
03/26/2005, 04:11 PM
I'm planning out a new tank to move all my livestock to, and I'm wondering if it would be worth it for me to give the schematic to any of the local acrylic companies in the area to get a price quote. Has anybody dealt with them before? I've already sent the schematic out to 3 different companies, but none are local:

Envision Acrylics
Glass-cages.com
Acrylicman (his RC handle)

None of them have written me back though, and that was over a week ago. Maybe they deleted the email because it had an attachment? Anyway, if anybody knows of a good local place that would be willing to build this without over charging me, then I'm all ears :)

http://img100.exs.cx/img100/881/75gallontankpic9gk.jpg

H2OLUVSME
03/27/2005, 05:49 PM
looks nice Jason. Troy at glass-Tec in Socastee is the only person i know who would make one for you locally. from what ive heard he does ecxellent work. i gave him the designs to a refugium idea i had and he never got back to me though :rolleyes: i think i remember Rick talking to him about a sump too. maybe PM Rick and see what heppened with that or give him a call. Stephen may even know how to get in touch with him direct, as this would be a side job for him.

phishguy78
03/27/2005, 07:49 PM
yes jason im sure i can get intouch with him if needed to there are a couple of acrylic companies here check the phone book dont know if they would build aquarium or not but i think troy would

SptfireXIV
03/27/2005, 08:12 PM
Ok, sounds good. There is one other company around here on Seaboard street that did a little work on my current tank (flame polishing, and a reduction of the eurobrace), so I'll contact him too. Thanks guys :)

phishguy78
03/27/2005, 10:50 PM
your welcome jason

Rpierce
03/28/2005, 03:59 PM
Jason- Who did your acrylic work before on Seaboard?

SptfireXIV
03/28/2005, 05:12 PM
I wish I could remember the company's name, but I can't. They didn't do much, but they told me that they've built a couple of fish tanks for some people in the past.

chad508
03/28/2005, 05:39 PM
i know that binswanger glass is on seaboard.

SptfireXIV
03/28/2005, 05:43 PM
That could be it, but I thought they only worked on acrylic.