PDA

View Full Version : jan, 13th meeting. Who brings what?

volk23
01/11/2002, 11:01 AM
Guys, I have a red brain and a two inch toad stool that are not doing great in my tank for some reason. They are NOT dead but might be soon if i dont do something about it. Only thing left is to give it to someone else. Anyone wants to rescue them?

I also can share some green star polyps. Got three different shades/types i guess.

Anyone needs snails? I got milions of strombus snails. Let me know...

Aquariust
01/11/2002, 06:09 PM
I'll be bringing a couple frags of brown/green zooanthids.

No point in bringing Xenia to the Xenia man's house!

I have a small colt coral frag that hasn't been doing well in my tank.

Other than that I'm fresh out.

BORECKI
01/11/2002, 06:46 PM
I can bring in some dark browm encrusting sponge. It grows in my tank right above the outlet of the return pump and in broad halide light. Aparently it tolerates air bubbles from the return.
I also have tons of jet black W/ white foot limpets about one inch across. Any two will make hundreds in a year's time. Also have Calerpa racimosa (spelling?) 'grape calerpas'.
Who wants what??
Boris.

jimroth
01/11/2002, 06:54 PM
I've got yellow and orange montiporas. Some colt frags, and yes, xenia, xenia, xenia.
Did you know it's delicious with teriyaki sauce? We're setting up a hibachi, everyone gets a skewer and you get to cook your own xenia. Remember, Xenia means welcome...

ATLANTIS
01/11/2002, 10:48 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm

xenia-kabobs ;)

danmar26
01/11/2002, 10:59 PM
I'll be bringing finger leathers,a toadstool,green and brown button polyps, some mushrooms and some yellow stars

ATLANTIS
01/11/2002, 11:45 PM
Does anyone have any wild colored Acropora to trade?

Fazm79
01/12/2002, 02:37 AM
Volk I can take em off your hands and try to rescue them. Also I could take some snails. If you want I can bring Xenia Xenia and more Xenia but Im sure Jim will have Xenia party favors. Other than that I can bring star polyps, button polyps, ecrusting gargonian, and caulerpa if you or anyone else is interested. I may also be able to grab a blue shroom.

Does anyone have an Pom Pom Xenia or Blue or Pink button polyps??

Nagel
01/12/2002, 03:20 AM
Volk:
I'd be happy to take the brain and toadstool off your hands, the 75 is looking mighty empty.

I may have one rock with a few orange polyps to offer up.
I could bring some ministars if some people want them (say 2 bags of 6, I aint gonna hunt 'em all day).

Borecki:
I'd love some of the limpets (4 would be nice, 2 for each tank).

volk23
01/12/2002, 03:56 AM
Nagel, i do owe you, so brain is yours. Would love some sand stars tho.. :)

Fazm79 i bring snails for you.

danmar26, toad stool and snails?

btw, Jin promised me some orange montiporas last time over Roberts, and i didnt get any :(

danmar26
01/12/2002, 09:22 AM
volk, I'll pass on the toadstool,some snails would be great!

DaveP
01/12/2002, 10:55 AM
Brian and anyone else looking for sps frags:
I have a nice acro (green, purple, with white polyps)
Very cool piece. I bought it as a wild coral, 1 1/2 months ago, at a LFS and its been doing very well in my tank.
I will bring a couple frags of this colony for trading.
I also have some purple nana and green/brown pocilopora to trade. These were aquacultured and I can even frag new growth from my own tank.
Thanks!!
DaveP

ATLANTIS
01/12/2002, 12:14 PM
DaveP,

Thanks....

I am interested in the nana.

I have tons of pocillipora, so I am probably not interested.

I prefer more mature corals so I will pass on the 1.5 month old green/purple/white..... though as it matures it should be awesome...

I have lots of choices for the nana trade... check out my availability page http://www.atlantisaquatic.com/available.html and see what you may want.

I will prolly bring a few frags for fun ;)

katspaw
01/12/2002, 12:26 PM
Boris,
The limpets you have , Are they keyhole limpets?? I have a friend that may want a few. :) I will ask him and get back with you.

Tracey

DaveP
01/12/2002, 01:21 PM
Brian,
If you have the blue hairy acro available that would be cool. If not, I am interested in the green millapora. Sorry, but I am unable to mount my frags. :(
I will bring a few other frags for anyone else interested in trading. :)
DaveP

danmar26
01/12/2002, 01:22 PM
Boris, If you have a few limpets to spare I'll take a couple.------Ralph

DaveP
01/12/2002, 01:31 PM
Just to let everyone know in advance...
I have a some red amphipods on a few sps. I did send a sample to Dr. Ron and he said they are harmless. I know there is a debate over these amphipods, but I tend to side with Dr. Ron's opinion. :)
DaveP

ATLANTIS
01/12/2002, 04:03 PM
Dave,

Thanks you for being frank and honest.
I think I will pass on this trade then.
Sorry.

Since I run a business, people have been asking about these little red devils and I have assured them that my tanks don't have them....

Better safe than sorry......

DaveP
01/12/2002, 04:10 PM
Brian,
Completely understandable.
Hopefully research will conclude that these little guys are sps safe. No ill effects in my tank thus far, matter of fact the acro with the most of them has grown the most in the past month.
See you tomorrow!
DaveP

Spykey
01/12/2002, 05:44 PM
I have some strange looking snails that were sold to me as nassarius but are some definitely somthing else. I could bring about three. They are sand sifting snails. A few frags also.

Larry

BORECKI
01/12/2002, 06:44 PM
NAGEL; Four limpets for you. Belive me you don't need four if your two tanks are connected. I have them in every tank from the original two :eek2:
aTLANTIS; Can I please have a frag of pocillipora.:p
Katspaw; :( Nope their not keyholes. Take a gander at the ones I'll bring in. Later if you want some I'll bring more at a later meeting.
danmar26; You get two limpets.
DaveP; I'll go for a few red amphipods if you don't mind:D
Sprykey; Can I have a few snails?????

Everybody; What I can spare is some brown encrusting sponge and limpets. I also have grape calerpas from my refugium if anybody wants some.
Does anybody have a few pieces of acrylic about 4X4 inches by 1/4 inch thick and glue???
Boris.

Fazm79
01/12/2002, 07:04 PM
Boris I'll take some limpets and calerpa as well. If you want any of my stuff limme know. Also I might have some scrap 3/8" Acrylic in the basement. If you can use this instead of the 1/4"
limme know!

BORECKI
01/12/2002, 07:19 PM
fazm79 You get four limpets plus a handfull of calerpa.
3/8 is fine! It's for pluging up some holes in a second hand tank I want to convert to a replacment sump for me. Do you have glue??
Boris.

jimroth
01/12/2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by volk23

btw, Jin promised me some orange montiporas last time over Roberts, and i didnt get any :(

I got plenty of orange monti fragged, you're welcome to take a big one...

Fazm79
01/12/2002, 10:13 PM
No sorry Im out of glue. BTW is this a glass or acrylic tank your trying to plug up??

Spykey
01/13/2002, 11:22 AM
danmar26

I'd like a frag of the finger leather. I am bringing assorted shrooms and polyps, and possibly a toadstool.

Larry