PDA

View Full Version : Who is Who and What'cha got??

bugshop
03/25/2005, 05:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Timmy and I'm new to the area.
I would like to know who is who what area you live in and what you have???

I live in Pelzer SW of greenville and I have a tired and dieing 75g (it didn't like the move :( )
But that is changing soon.

I think this area needs a active club and James has put alot
into trying to give it a good start.

But it will take ALL of us to make it happen.

Timmy

chrali
03/26/2005, 12:50 PM
Hey Timmy,

I met you last night at Oceans Floor. I live in Greenville off of laurens rd.

I have a 72 bowfront reef with a 100 gal sump in the garage filled up 2/3. I have mainly lps and softies with a piece or two of sps. Fish: blue hippo tang, yellow tang, anthia, gold stripe maroon with a rose bta, fairy wrasse, lawnmower blennie and a royal gramma. probably have about 100lb of rock. And i use Quick crete play sand (silica) for the bottom of my tank. Doesn't look as nice as some of the other sands but it works just fine.

I do agree that James has been doing a great job putting all of this together. All of us do have to give him a little more help and chit chat a little more.

Let me know when you get your tank up and running. I would be happy to see what I have to frag to help you get started again.

lazycharlie
03/28/2005, 08:31 AM
Hey Timmy,

I live just off of Wade Hampton and 291.
I can't decide just what kind of tank to aim for, so right now I've just got a 45gal that may or may not turn out to be a refugium. I do have a really cool lawnmower blenny in it though.

Jamesurq
03/28/2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys - I appreciate the nice words...

To chime in - I have a 90 gallon with a 90 gallon sump, a 100 gallon fuge and 30 gallon lighted fuge that are not in-line with the system yet. I also have a 50 gallon oceanic tank that's probably going to end up as a prop tank - and a 50 gallon pentagon shaped Tenacor corner tank that I got this weekend. It will either be a seahorse, lionfish, octopus, or something similar... "not reef friendly" tank :)

Wish this club could gain some more momentum - it looks like we need a jumpstart from somewhere...

When is that new store opening up on Laurens Road?? :)

chrali
03/28/2005, 09:10 PM
I've been keeping my eye out for one every days as I drive up and down laurens but haven't seen a thing. Does anyone know where it will be.

If you guys haven't been by Oceans floor latley, they had a real nice selection of corals when I was there a few days ago.

James, would you mind if I used your glass drill bit sometime soon?

Jamesurq
03/29/2005, 08:56 AM
Yeah - that's no problem. Let me know when.

chrali
03/30/2005, 12:32 PM
I'm usually out of work by about 630 pm or I have two days off durring the middle of the week. Let me know when you have some time next week. Thanks.

Jamesurq
03/30/2005, 01:49 PM
cool. just get back with me on a day that's good for you first thing in the AM. Thursday is no good... Other than that - I think I'm pretty open.

chrali
04/01/2005, 02:24 PM
How about Monday around 645pm?

bugshop
04/01/2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by chrali
I've been keeping my eye out for one every days as I drive up and down laurens but haven't seen a thing. Does anyone know where it will be.

James, would you mind if I used your glass drill bit sometime soon?

If you are talking about Chuck. I heard that his money man
fell through and that the store wasn't going to happen.

I did see where WOP is getting ready to reopen.

I was in Oceans Floor today getting a 55 for my sump
and saw where he is getting his reef display giong.
It will be nice when he is done.

James, What size is your glass bit?

Timmy

Jamesurq
04/01/2005, 07:56 PM
1.75" - correct size for a 1" bulkhead..> (of which I have some too)

Chris - Monday might be okay. I might have to have surgery though - so talk to me after noon and we can play it from there..

chrali
04/02/2005, 12:53 PM
Just let me know if Monday is no good. Really any day after 630 is good. Or anytime thursday and friday.

I'll be happy to see WOP open back up. That was really the only other place I ever bought fish from besides Oceans Floor. Their problem was they never had any good corals for sale. Ocean floors new display tank will be pretty cool.

Aquatect76
04/04/2005, 11:36 PM
Hey Timmy I have a fishroom at my house with a 75 reef, mixed reef, and now a bunch of tanks empty, 180g, 40g system, 100g prop tray system, 100 quarantine system (basically (9) 10g plumbed to central sump). Oh yeah, and 380g FULL-BLOWN SPS SALES tank, a matching 380g softy, clam, and LPS tank. And...a 600 gallon fish quarantine system (minimum 2 weeks) and a matching 600g Fish sales tank. Both of which are gravity fed by Header/refugium tanks (but ofcourse in the quarantine system there will be no refuge:) and soon a 180g SPS display and a 180 mixed reef display. Oh yeah and about a 500g live rock system which is gravity fed by another refugium~80 gallons ANNNND, a 200 gallon Dominated LPS tank. And that's just for starters....

HAS ANYBODY EVER HEARD OF A GUY THEY CALL FISHCHUCK:)

Aquatect76
04/05/2005, 12:16 AM
"If you are talking about Chuck. I heard that his money man
fell through and that the store wasn't going to happen."

HA HA HA!!! I wish I had a money man...no wait! A money woman. A MONEY WOMAN I SAID!

Jamesurq
04/05/2005, 08:03 AM
Ok - so you're Chuck.

Welcome Chuck - you got pictures of all your boasting?

chrali
04/05/2005, 08:22 AM
Chuck-Sounds like you have a great place for a future GRS meeting sight.

Aquatect76
04/05/2005, 09:58 AM
No pics to show but I can meet you there and show you around if you like. I'm hoping to get the fire marshall out there this week so I can get my occupancy license and get open, but I would be happy to let you see my progression so far. Oh and sorry for busting in on your thread. I got wind of some "chatter" on Reef Central from a SLIMEY FISH GUY from North Myrtle and I couldn't help myself any longer (actually got some "free" time). Timmy, how long have you been in Greenville?

bugshop
04/05/2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Aquatect76
No pics to show but I can meet you there and show you around if you like. I'm hoping to get the fire marshall out there this week so I can get my occupancy license and get open, but I would be happy to let you see my progression so far. Oh and sorry for busting in on your thread. I got wind of some "chatter" on Reef Central from a SLIMEY FISH GUY from North Myrtle and I couldn't help myself any longer (actually got some "free" time). Timmy, how long have you been in Greenville?

Chuck I've only been in Greenville about 3 weeks.

I'd love to stop by your store and check it out
and talk to you about drilling my tank.
I did ride by there and saw your sign last night.

Keep us posted and tell Bruce I said Hi:)

Timmy

Aquatect76
04/06/2005, 12:39 AM
I'd love to stop by your store and check it out

Give me a call and I'll meet you over there.

Willieb18
04/10/2005, 06:14 PM
Hello all I am new to reef keeping and it might be good for me to join the GRS. I still have a lot to learn. Bugshop I was on the yahoo board and I think I might live somewhere very close to you. Send me a pm and we might be able to fine out how close we are.

bugshop
04/10/2005, 08:10 PM
Hi Willieb18,
Welcome to GRS :)
Tell us about yourself and your tank.

This club/group has been a little slow starting:rolleyes:
But I think it's more because there has been others that have tried to start a club in the area that gave up a little too soon.

But We're here to stay!!! :D

Timmy

BTW You got PM;)

chrali
04/10/2005, 09:44 PM
Hey Willieb,

Glad to have you on board. Looking forward to hearing about your new reef.

Timmy-How's your tank moving along?

bugshop
04/10/2005, 09:54 PM

Timmy-How's your tank moving along?

Slow....I should have my pump on Tues. then I'll decide on having the tank drilled.
I don't want to rush things but I know I will end up doing it anyway :mixed:

Timmy

Willieb18
04/10/2005, 10:18 PM
I don't have a reef tank going yet. I am in the process of starting a namo reef though. I have a 55gal with 2 flowerhorns that I hope to convert to SW someday. Right now I am trying to learn as much as I can. Bugshop didn't your tank crash or something? Have you got it up and going again? If you need any help doing anything I don't seem to be far away. I might ot know a lot but I am willing to learn.

chrali
04/10/2005, 10:33 PM
Timmy-You've got to be ithcing to get that thing up and running. :)

Willie-Take your time. I couldn't believe how much there was to learn just to get my reef started up. I sat on this sight for about 3 months straight just trying to figure it out. Starting up was sooo much fun! Ask alot of questions.

bugshop
04/10/2005, 10:46 PM
Timmy-You've got to be ithcing to get that thing up and running. :)

Willie-Take your time. I couldn't believe how much there was to learn just to get my reef started up. I sat on this sight for about 3 months straight just trying to figure it out. Starting up was sooo much fun! Ask alot of questions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Funny you should mention "ithcing" I've been fighting poison ive for the last few days:lol:

Timmy

chrali
04/11/2005, 03:55 PM
See, if you were spending more time on your tank and less time doing yard work you probably wouldn't have that problem. Try and get your prioritys straight :)

bugshop
04/11/2005, 06:22 PM
:lol: If I don't get that swing set put up for the kids they might sabotage my tank:lol:

Timmy

ReefWaters
04/12/2005, 11:38 PM
Chuck, Im from Savannah but I travel in Greenville at least once a month on business. Where exactly on Laurens is your store located?

chrali
04/13/2005, 08:48 AM
Once you get off of 85 you head towards mauldin. Two miles down on the right is Allison plaza. He's in there. He's got a lot of coral. Good selection and nice pieces.

ReefWaters
04/13/2005, 08:54 AM
Sounds good. Ill make sure to stop in next time Im up there.

What are his hours of operation?

Aquatect76
04/13/2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks Chris...you beat me to it:)
I hope to be open soon....
Oh, and today I got in 20 clams (maximas, croceas) and around 40 really, really nice zoos on rocks ranging from a quarter to softball size (various colors). I'll post an exact open date when it gets closer.