PDA

View Full Version : Mars Frag Swap Information - April 16

budgetyourself
03/23/2005, 11:28 AM
Here is the frag swap information up to this point in time

Everyone who is a member of a reef club is able to participate - please bring a membership card or area reef clubs should bring a membership list the day of the swap.

We are having a BBQ lunch which costs $5.00

IF you do not have frags, the cost is $10.00 - this will go into a fund to buy more colonies that can be fragged. You should get at least 4 frags (and probably more) so it is well worth the price.

The swap begins at 11:00 a.m. Sign-ups begin at 9:30. If you need to join a club please arrive before 10:30.

There will be a "rare" or "sought after" category of corals, the members who bring these will get to pick first. This is to encourage the bringing of more sought after corals. When you sign in, you will receive a random group number or letter and we will then pick in groups. The rare group goes first, then the next groups in order of their letter (i.e. group Rare, A, B, C, etc. when we get to the end of the groups, we will start all over again). The rare corals will be mixed in with all the other corals. We will have tables dividing sps, softies, zoos, etc. to make it a little easier to find what you might be interested in.

Families get one pick - there are enough picks that if there are two members, they can alternate picks so each member gets to pick out their "own" coral.

Please bring all corals Pre-bagged Preferably in a fish store type bag or a container. No baggies! Please write the name of the coral and conditions it grows under on the outside. IF you arrive early, we will have a warm water bath to set the bags in.

We are going to buy small aquacultured colonies for the raffle. We will raffle off the entire colonies. Each coral will have their own container for raffle tickets, so if you really want that coral you can put as many tickets in that particular coral's container as you want - so bring lots of money.

Lastly - my address in 370 E. Mayes St. Dixon. 95620
Finally -

Please let me know if you are coming so we can estimate the amount of food we will need. Either PM me or answer this post.
I am sure I forgot some information, but this is a start - Remember to let me know if you are coming - thanks, Pam

sagitariuscbc
04/18/2005, 03:13 PM
thanks seabay for attending mars's swap! it was great to have you! your contribution is greatly appreciated!
shawn
public relations
mars