PDA

View Full Version : Saltwaterfish.com ASAP

lanamarks
03/22/2005, 09:13 AM
I got to thinking that this Friday I am off work and would like to get a few things for my new nano. If I order by this afternoon and request Friday delivery date I can probably get it.

Once catch, my husband won't go for spending 100.00 at the moment. :) Soooo...

If the order is 79.00 or more then shipping is $12. If someone would be willing to go in with me then only 6.00, a piece.

If anyone just wants a couple inverts or one fish or something this might be a good way to go. I'm wanting some sexy shrimp and I've never seen them around town.

If a couple people want to go in with me I'll be off for good friday and can wait at home and get them.

Anyone interested. Post soon because this afternoon I will make a decision!

lanamarks
03/22/2005, 09:17 AM
Actually, They have overnight shipping so I can possibly wait till first thing in the morning if I get no response this afternoon.

lanamarks
03/22/2005, 01:40 PM
I haven't heard from anyone so I will wait til the morning (in case some people are good and don't check reefcentral while they are at work).

lanamarks
03/22/2005, 07:56 PM
no one want to order anything :(

Travis L. Stevens
03/23/2005, 04:14 PM
ME ME ME!! I wanna order!! Uhm, what are you ordering and maybe I can chip in on the deal.

Im personally looking for some hermits and snails of various sorts but my wife wants sexy shrimp too, but I would like to wait to get the cleanup crew in there for a while first. Im also looking to get a fish and a large, non-cleanup invert.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any small fish/invert combos?

Are serpent/sand siftinf/brittle stars worth while in a 10g nano?

lanamarks
03/24/2005, 09:24 AM
Well, too late to order for this Friday (I don't think they could get it out today on this short of notice. My thoughts were that if someone wanted to buy about 30-40.00 worth of stuff I would finish off the rest. Then if all goes well maybe do it again in a month (so I'm not adding everything at once and paying for it all at once).

So if you wanted to add some cleanup crew now then in a month we could add some more stuff? Sound okay?

As for the starfish, I would say no just because my serpent star in HUGE (5 8in long legs) and sifting stars are supposed to eat all the good stuff out of your sand bed.

For cleanup. My cerith snails are the best at cleaning both the sand and glass. One of these in my 2.5 gal does a lot of good! He cleaned out the alge that started to grow in there in about a day!

Porcelain crabs are some of hte neatest critters in my tank. They are supposed to be the only reef safe crab because they sift through thte sand for tiny critters and debris. Very neat to watch.

For a ten gallon tank there are lots of neat gobies. Royal grammas are pretty and clown fish. There are some neat algae eating blennies. About 2-3 small fish is all I would see putting in there.

We could order something next week. PM me and let me know what day/time is good for you.

dalane
03/26/2005, 02:27 AM
I have been avoiding starfish because I heard the same thing about them. Today I found out that the starfish do not eat the actual bacteria that we reefers rely on for our biofilter in the sand.

lanamarks
03/26/2005, 01:59 PM
I thought they would eat the little worms and pods etc out.

SoonerBolt
03/28/2005, 11:51 PM
Travis,
I have a bunch of hermits (50+?) of different types and sizes I'm gonna sell/trade if you want them....let me know.

dalane, you might do a search for DSB on the main forum...sand-sifting stars and a DSB don't mix.

lanamarks
03/29/2005, 09:42 AM
I might want some hermits as well (if they are the little blue leg type). Probably 10-20. PM me with a price or trade for a pink leather frag?

Travis L. Stevens
03/30/2005, 07:58 AM
I would like some too. Im aiming at probably 3-5 more of all sorts. I have a white one and a blue legged. Gimme a PM

lanamarks
03/31/2005, 03:34 PM
hello?

Travis L. Stevens
03/31/2005, 05:11 PM
Im here, but Im sure you arent wanting me lana :p

lanamarks
03/31/2005, 05:30 PM
tru dat. :)

SoonerBolt
04/03/2005, 07:11 PM
sorry, I haven't been online much....I have 30-50ish hermits...some blues, some reds, some more interesting looking. Let me know what you want and I'll round some up. I'm making another post about my old tank leaking, so I've got a bunch of stuff to get rid of now.

Travis L. Stevens
04/04/2005, 06:16 PM
Im still looking for about 5 hermits (3 blue and 2 red) and some empty shells if you are still offerring