PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Marine Aquaculturing

three fish
03/21/2005, 12:13 PM
I would just like to pass along some information on this new local coral farmer. I do not know this person and this is not an endorsement, just informational.

He has been up and running for maybe 6 months? He is in Neenah by Oakridge Cemetarty and operates out of the back of his garage. I saw 8 50 gallon Rubbermaid stock tanks and 2 or 3 other sized tanks. He had an OK selection of corals, but not much for SPSs. Like I said, he has only been up and running for a short time. He was friendly and his prices seemed fair. Great selection of Mushrooms.

He is by appointment only. Give him a call. 920-720-9694

kass03
03/22/2005, 03:21 AM
Yeah his name is Sean. I'm suppose to go see him this week. Seems real nice. I told him to come join us here but I think he's pretty busy.
He told me also he's just starting and would trade some frags.

kass

kass03
03/26/2005, 01:49 PM
I went there this week and traded some frags with him.
I got 2 kinds of blastomussa from him (merletti and wells) and a green sps (gonna try it he said would be ok under my lights).
He has alot of nice blue/purple and red shrooms, also bar xenia, candy coral, some sps, a tub full of caulerpa, some zoos, live rock etc.

kass

jandlms
03/26/2005, 08:05 PM
Hella and I made the roadtrip today down to Neenah and had a ncie visit with Sean. He has a great selection of mushrooms and some very reasonable prices. Some good looking zoos and a few hard corals like blastos and torches. Nice place. Nice livestock. We (FVRC) need to help cultivate this guy so that a nice aquaculture venture doesn't disappear like too many in the past.
Have a great Easter!
jandlms

nellie54914
04/03/2005, 01:11 AM
We went there this aft and picked up some stuff, got a torch coral, candy cane and a few shrooms. He had a nice selection of shrooms but said his selection of them was smaller than usual, he must have a lot of people buying them. It was a very interesting set-up, being newbies we always like seeing anybody else's tanks and learning about new things! Sean said that he's trying to get hooked up with another wholesaler that has more "exotic" corals, so once he gets going with that he'll probably have a bigger selection. His selection is just fine for us though! :)

He also mentioned he's thinking about buying salt from a wholesaler, so he might have salt for a decent price if he does that. And he can buy big-ticket items from them too and get good prices (he mentioned something like a calcium-reactor, not sure what else he can get).

It's really nice to have a place like this so close!

horkn
04/08/2005, 11:35 PM
hmm, i might need to make a trip up there....

z28cam
06/07/2005, 07:50 PM
finaly got around to stopping in to see Sean. Nice Setup and a good number of zoos to pick from, among other things. Worth the stop, good prices great guy to.

kass03
06/07/2005, 09:23 PM
I went back over the weekend also and he had alot of new nice zoo's in including eagle eyes.
I also got an awesome bullseye/tonga mushroom among other things.
He has a really nice crocea clam to that if I had a place in my tank for it I would have gotten.

kass

Fishfirst
06/09/2005, 11:24 PM
did someone inform this guy about the frag swap in madison???