PDA

View Full Version : Lights for the nano cube.

Jordan55
03/20/2005, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know if there are like hoods that will fit over the nano cube? I think retroing may be a little hard so was wondering if there was like a high wattage PC pendant or hood. The tank is like 15 inches across.

thebrian
03/20/2005, 06:54 PM
Jordan,
I just hung a 150w pendant over it. User MattGecko makes hoods that you can put MH retros in or fit a ton of pc's. Nanocustoms.com makes retro kits for the cube, and also sells complete packages. If you wanna see some of the other lighting mods people have done to it, you might want to check out the DIY section on nano-reef.com . There are a ton of different mods people have done to it. Before I put the 150w pendant over it, I had modded my hood from 24 watts up to 72, but to do that, you have to improve the cooling of the stock hood. Also, I'll be cleaning up my old hood soon and selling it (the 72 watt hood). Hope all this info helps.

~Brian

Jordan55
03/20/2005, 08:17 PM
Yea I will look into it. I just thought about how my tank is filled with zoos and rics and my anenome is kinda big. I may have to get antoher tank for the cowns and her. Setting up another nano cube would be fun.

thebrian
03/20/2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah...before the temp spike, my anemone was getting pretty big...not too big for the tank, but too big for me to add anything else. I was considering trading it in for something before it died from the temperature spike :( . Once I have more space I'm going to set up a 24g for the clowns, and put a Carpet in it. I'm going to get a tank only from Chris @ nanocustoms and probably put a 250w HQI over it. It would be nice if they made nice size nanos with good lighting already in them....

mightymouse
03/21/2005, 10:52 AM
nanocustoms.com is the best as long as you have deep pockets

sharrison
03/25/2005, 11:40 AM
aye nanocustoms is a kewl place