PDA

View Full Version : New store in town

outprowllin
03/19/2005, 12:34 AM
There is a new store in town ..just incase you havent heard...the aqurium service "tank a lot" has opened a retail store on the corner or 13th st and dixie hwy in lake worth. it opened yesterday. thur. the 17th. i went there tonite and thought they where set up well. they have a nice selection of soft lps and sps corals to choose from. either 6 or 8 tanks worth. they also had a decent selection of fish. all the standards.....i picked up a beautiful flame angel for my tank as well as a toad stool leather 4 ' high with 2-3 inch mantle. it is on a rock with 2-3 nice feather dusters living it the rock..oh ya 2 baby leathers also on the rock below it......i thought it was a bargain at $29.00. they have a good variety of dry goods. its a small shop but well organized. the tanks look good. and healthy......anyways just thought id tell yall so you would know.......Jaime

KING OF THE REEF
03/19/2005, 12:51 AM
they have been around for awhile i used to buy from them they also service my neighbor's tanks

outprowllin
03/19/2005, 01:04 AM
i know the service was around for a while but they siad the store just opened yesterday. has it been opened longer than that?

KING OF THE REEF
03/19/2005, 01:22 AM
hmm i think so but i could be wrong how were there zoo prices?

TimD
03/19/2005, 01:43 AM
as well as a toad stool leather 4 ' high with 2-3 inch mantle.

Holy cow, a four-foot toadstool? :)

Ludwigia73
03/19/2005, 09:17 AM
I'm sure he meant a 4"... Could you imagine a 4' stalk with a 2" head? It would look like a pencil!

outprowllin
03/19/2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Imareefer
how were there zoo prices?

their prices were ok. small frags, if available, were any where from 7 to 20 dollors and regular pieces were comparable to everyone else.........they had some nice pieces of coral in general.

GregM779
03/19/2005, 09:26 AM
Doesn't really matter if the store is new or old because it's new to me. Didn't know it was there, I'll have to check it out. Thanks outprowlin

outprowllin
03/19/2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by GregM779
Doesn't really matter if the store is new or old because it's new to me. Didn't know it was there, I'll have to check it out. Thanks outprowlin

LOL...Thats my sentaments exactly.....hope you like it. the flame angel i bought there yesterday is out and looks quite at home in my tank....im glad....the leather ia starting to open up and the babys have their polyps fully extended.......the leathers are a nice shade of green under the m/h's :beachbum:

KING OF THE REEF
03/19/2005, 06:27 PM
got pics outprowlin?

outprowllin
03/19/2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Imareefer
got pics outprowlin?

not yet . im being lazy today

KING OF THE REEF
03/20/2005, 12:19 AM
damn just get off your duff and get cracking i want to see pics now and ill go on a rampage if you dont show me now

j/k :):):):) lol no harm intended

outprowllin
03/20/2005, 09:27 AM
:eek1:

KING OF THE REEF
03/20/2005, 11:34 AM
u know i was just having a little fun here nothing to be affraid of. if i did go on a rampage, i would go to every forum and post about 3 threads in it. lol take your time on te pics, im in no hurry (except that im going there on tuesday if i like the leather you got). no need to waste fuel if i dont like the corals lol hey are you coming to the meeting

outprowllin
03/20/2005, 11:14 PM
ok here you go..its not opened yet but ive been moving it around alittle. the babys are opened up though.......jaime

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8796toadstool.jpg

heres a fewmore newbies in the tank. i picked up the anemone , the crab and two sebae clowns on the way home from the new store friday night. i picked them up in royal palm at kokaborros. not a great store but, ive had great luck with any fish ive ever bought there. their tanks could use a good cleaning though....

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8796fishanemone.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8796crab.jpg