PDA

View Full Version : reef stores in wpb

mps0813
03/18/2005, 07:15 PM
I will be in the area next week, and was wondering if there are any reef/salt water only stores in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

KING OF THE REEF
03/18/2005, 09:58 PM
oceans below is by far the best imo. just south of northlake blvd on us1 561 842-2221 call him and get directions if you need them

GregM779
03/19/2005, 12:18 AM
As said above Ocean's Below is very good
here is a list of a few others

Coatal Aquariums
11911 U S HIGHWAY 1
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
(561) 626-3995

Mark's Ark
4975 LAKE WORTH RD
LAKE WORTH, FL 33463
(561) 966-8083

Tropical Fantaseas
6001 Georgia Ave.
West Palm Beach FL 33405
(561) 588-6200

There are others but these are the ones that I recomend at least in this area.

KING OF THE REEF
03/19/2005, 12:00 PM
and dont forget Coral Sea Aquariums. They are located just above Belvadere road on i think church. they are in a plaze with a comic store and a laundromat i think (i only went there once and it was a long time ago. they are the only ones who can compete with oceans below imho

mr. maroon clown
03/20/2005, 11:07 AM
barrier reef in boca is by far the best store

KING OF THE REEF
03/20/2005, 11:29 AM
obviously you never went to oceans below. thier prices are better then barrier. i got a yuma for a trade (yuma 50$ trde in value 22$) and i called barrier and they told me that they dont trade yumas for anything less than 40$worth of goods. so just my 2 cents

jimsta
03/29/2005, 01:59 PM
try tropical fantaseas, they are much better than coral sea off of forest hill on georgia ave i think

reefarchitect
03/29/2005, 02:41 PM
Tanks-a-lot on the corner of Dixie and 13th avenue in Lakeworth is a brand new store, but it's pretty well stocked and the owners are courteous and knowledgable.

Good luck.

mixer911
03/29/2005, 03:53 PM
I second Tanks A Lot. Very Nice Store. Very healthy livestock.

GregM779
03/31/2005, 09:27 AM
I third tanks a lot, I went by there yesterday and was impressed by the coral, help, and prices. Not a big store but filled nicely.

Diesel3443
03/31/2005, 09:15 PM
does tanks a lot have SPS coral?

GregM779
03/31/2005, 09:19 PM
Hey, quite a bit actually

outprowllin
03/31/2005, 09:35 PM
i forth tanks alot...i bought a flame angel from there and a fussy tiped toadstool leather...both are going on 2 weeks tomorrow and both are doing great.......

Diesel3443
03/31/2005, 09:40 PM
cool I have to check it out:)

RicordiaFever
04/16/2005, 02:20 PM
Hi my name is Robert and I am the owner of CORAL SEA AQUARIUMS. We have been in Business for over 6 years and I worked for the store for the 6 years it's been open. I have owned the store for a little over 6 months. The store has been remodeled and newly developed. We are located at 1373 N.Military trail, just north of Belvedere on the West hand side. This store has taken heavy bad remarks in the past, but i'm trying to change that now. I'm writing the post to let new cutomers know where i'm at. It seems like my older cutomers have forgotten about me. Well i guess that's life.

[violation]

DC321
04/16/2005, 03:16 PM
I have to say that Robert at Coral Sea Aquariums has a clean shop, plenty of healthy livestock and SPS, and very competetive pricing.

He is also a very nice guy.

Dan

RicksReefs
04/16/2005, 05:09 PM
yup, i just got back from checking out the palm beach shops.
i hit coral seas, kookaburras, tropical fantaseas, oceans below,
coastal aquariums, posiedons reef, and splash landing. the only
places that i'll be going back to any time soon are coral seas and
oceans below. they both have well run shops and are reasonably
priced compared to some out there.
the new zoos are acclimating now, thanks guys. :D

RicordiaFever
04/16/2005, 08:46 PM
Hey Rick!! it was pleasure meeting you today. I appreciate your kind remarks in the forum. I hoope you are happy with your zoo's.

[violation]

RicordiaFever
04/16/2005, 08:49 PM
DC321 i thank you and appreciate your kind remarks. I'm glad to see that you are happy with the store.

outprowllin
04/16/2005, 09:18 PM
went to Tanks-Alot today and bought this real nice tri color acro. dark green base, yellow body and purple tips...ill have topop off some pics and put them in my gallery.....jaime

KING OF THE REEF
04/17/2005, 10:15 AM
hey what is the discount if any for pbmas members at coral seas? i just havnt had the time to make a trip down but will come either this week or the next as i have finals comming up quickly thanks

Diesel3443
04/17/2005, 08:00 PM
Finals, I know what you mean:(

KING OF THE REEF
04/18/2005, 10:06 AM
i dont get why he is in violation he is a sponsor to our club what gives. oh my finals aree for 11th grade not collage lol hey which campass of f.a.u do you go to i live near the abacoa one and am think of going there as i want to get a degree in marine biology

KatBri
04/18/2005, 01:13 PM
No store owner no matter where the store is located and what forum they happen to be posting in is allowed to "solicit" their store on here to gain customers. This web site is set up to be a free for all (each person making their own decision about whether they like a store or not). Customers of the stores can give their opinions of any one they like or dislike to those that ask but even then the threads may be deleted. Technically, if somehow the thread is tearing down some stores or some stores are trying to get people to come to their store in addition to or instead of others, it is a violation.

Diesel3443
04/18/2005, 06:13 PM
Im mostly at the Boca Raton campus but have to frequent down south to davie as well. Im a premed/Biology major:) Im graduating this summer though. Then futhering my studies at Nova Southeastern university for my D.P.T degree(Dorctor of Physical Therapy). Good luck if you decide to do marine Bio, I love it, but it does not pay very well :(

dgasmd
04/18/2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by RicordiaFever
Hi my name is Robert and I am the owner of CORAL SEA AQUARIUMS. We have been in Business for over 6 years and I worked for the store for the 6 years it's been open. I have owned the store for a little over 6 months. The store has been remodeled and newly developed. We are located at 1373 N.Military trail, just north of Belvedere on the West hand side. This store has taken heavy bad remarks in the past, but i'm trying to change that now. I'm writing the post to let new cutomers know where i'm at. It seems like my older cutomers have forgotten about me. Well i guess that's life.

Robert:

Very glad to see you here. I have been meaning to drop by the store for weeks now and work has not let me do much as of late.

For all of you that don't know, although I have said it many times now, Coral Sea Aquarium is a sponsor of PBMAS and has agreed to provide a 10% discount on all things if I remember correctly by showing your membership card. Robert, please correct me if my memory serves me inaccurately right now. He has a nice store and has been a supporter of the club from the very begining as he was one of the first to offer the discount for members.

You should stop by the PBMAS (http://www.pbmas.org) site and check it out. We have a special Sponsors section in the forum where you can more directly announce anything you want to members like new shipments coming in, announcements in general, any weekly specials, etc. Also, we are in the process of adding links and banners for all our sponsors in our site, so if you provide me with either a banner or a logo you would like me to use, I would be happy to put it in our site too with a link to your store. You support us, so the least we can do as a club is support you too. Just send the logo/banner to me directly at the email below.

Alberto
PBMAS President
dgasmd at netscape dot net

TimD
04/19/2005, 01:25 PM
I'll be posting some information in the FAQ section on the PBMAS site specific to vendor sponsors, and how to get your banner ad into the rotation. There will be two ways to get it done:

1) The administrators (me and/or one of the other officers) can upload the banner, or...

2) The vendor can sign up for an account, send me (TimD) a private message asking to be added to the list of approved advertisers, and once approved, you'll be able to upload, manage and track statistics on your own banner.

The second method will be far more preferable to the first, both because it gives us less work to do, and just as importantly because it gives our sponsors total control over their banner. There will be restrictions as to the dimensions of the banner, but the content of the banner will be up to the vendor. They can use the same banner all year long, or change it as frequently as they like.

RicordiaFever
04/23/2005, 12:49 PM
dgasmd, Alberto

I have to be careful with what is said. So i will keep it simple. Everything you said about the discounts is correct

Thanks for all your kind remarks