PDA

View Full Version : Acropora after 6 weeks.

Pete Starostecki
03/18/2005, 05:44 PM
My acro looks a little bigger since I got it (around Christmas). After comparing pics, I'm really surprised how much it has grown. I haven't added Calcium in months now. These pics were taken on 2/4 and 3/18. When is it time to frag this stuff and who wants to trade?

The new growth is a lot thinner than the rest of the coral. Is this normal? Will the new growth eventually thicken?

2/4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/evilmiata/purpleacropora.jpg
3/18
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/evilmiata/3-18-05crop.jpg

sandman12
03/18/2005, 08:20 PM
ill take a frag when u have one.

bgdiving
03/20/2005, 01:02 PM
I'll trade frags when your ready. Can't quite tell what color your coral is from the pics??

Pete Starostecki
03/20/2005, 04:27 PM
Its a very deep purple with purple tips. The first picture is closest to the true color. I have a tough time photographing it since its about 6 inches away from my bulbs. The background is very light and the branches create a lot of harsh shadows.

bgdiving
03/20/2005, 04:54 PM
The colors sound good, I 'd be interested in trading.

Since your coral is nicley encrusted, the coral can be fragged at any time but there is no need to frag it untill it gets too big for the area it's in, or it starts to encroach on other corals, or it starts shadowing it's self or other corals, or gets so thick that the inner portions do not get adaquet circulation or the main reason to frag it is because you want to trade frags. :)

The thickeness of the branches: They will likely thicken as it ages but they may not get as thick as the original branches. corals grow differently under different tank conditions.

flatzboy
03/20/2005, 07:49 PM
Hey bgdiving, I'm looking to buy some ricordia and other soft and lps corals. Do you got anything I live in venice and would like to check out your tanks and pick up some corals.. Please pm me when you get a chance.

bgdiving
03/20/2005, 11:23 PM
flatzboy
ricordia glow too slowly for me :confused:, but I do have a few other corals available I live in Nokomis and your welcome to come over, sent you a pm.

sandman12
03/21/2005, 09:40 AM
I dunno if its worth the trip flatzboy, he only has a few corals. lol. j/k u should deffinatly go.

sandman12
03/25/2005, 08:31 PM
Pete are u bringing any frags of it to the meeting tomorrow? If so iam interested.

milkmanf12@aol.com