PDA

View Full Version : You guys inspired me!

aural
03/18/2005, 10:53 AM
well i spent a while yesterday reading through this part of the forum and came to realize that my life wasnt complete without a 12g NanoCube for my office.

I hope my wife understands :)

So i ordered it just now. cant wait to get it and start setting it up.

What do you guys think about 10lbs of reef sand and aprox 10lbs of live rock for the setup? I think i am going to keep mostly corals and a small cleanup crew - and possibly a pair of small clowns.

any direction would be great. 12g is definitely a different deal to work with than my 75g.

cheers!

phenom5
03/18/2005, 11:37 AM
cool.

my tip for the wife, buy her something she has been eyeing...distract her. another tip, drink a beer or 2 before you tell her or she come home...makes the yelling a little easier to take.:D (i'm j/k, my wife is very understanding...:rolleyes: )

can't wait to see it up. the only advice i can give is to stay on top of your evaporation and stay on top of your water changes...

HTH

aural
03/18/2005, 03:59 PM
thanks for the advice :) i will do so.

How often do you change water in your 10g? what percent change do you do normally?

phenom5
03/18/2005, 04:24 PM
2 gallons weekly.

Bamm Bamm
03/18/2005, 05:17 PM
I change about 2-3gallons in my 12g DX every 2 weeks..

You'll love the tank there really nice. I love mine It's too ful though now=) I'll have to setup another prop tank

skipm
03/18/2005, 06:05 PM
You stocking plans sound pretty good but you may add a pound or two more LR, I used 10# LS and about 10# LR but then I added a couple of pounds out of my 75 because of size and shape. Keep us posted on your progress. Skip

aural
03/19/2005, 09:38 AM
skip - yah the 10 pounds is really a starting point. it will end up being what looks appropriate in the tank.

Can any of you guys take pictures of your nanocubes and explain how you have your filtration setup for reef-readiness? i just want to be ready to go when my tank gets here next week.

thanks in advance... it is great to find a place on the web that has so much knowledge!

mightymouse
03/19/2005, 11:57 AM
i have about 12 pounds of rock and i think close to 20 pounds of sand with a 3 to 4 inch sandbed

aural
03/19/2005, 12:21 PM
how do you have your sump system set up mightymouse? it has a triple chamber in the back, right? did you upgrade the powerhead it comes with?