PDA

View Full Version : cheap lighting

GGGREGGG
03/17/2005, 11:37 AM
has anybody heard about anyones experiences with this place (http://www.aquatraders.com/) ? their lights are CHEAP, i'm thinking about buying a small pc setup for a 2.5 gal nano i'm working on...

Country Boy
03/17/2005, 07:01 PM
Stay away from the line of product named " Jebo" I have bought 2 light sets from the company, and within a months time one ballast blew and 2 bulbs... The company will not return emails, phone calls etc. and will not warranty there product.. Also here is the Kicker.. there Products are not UL Rated or certified.

There PC fixtures have vents on the ends which misleads you to think that there are fans in there. (which there are none) and the lights do get pretty hot....

Just figured I would share!

jake2045
03/17/2005, 07:09 PM
Never used them but the prices are right!149.99 for a 175de with two PCs. Hell I would use this on a nano.

GGGREGGG
03/17/2005, 07:18 PM
dude the prices are on the money :D my nano is gonna be too small for that 175 MH/T5 setup you're talkin about but that's a great deal.

i have heard that jebo setups are garbage, but the one i'm looking at isn't a jebo. it's the smallest pc setup they have, like 11 inces or something.

Country Boy
03/17/2005, 07:23 PM
Ohh I just clicked on the link U had, and one of the products I saw was Jebo..just giving you a heads up on that one name brand.. as far as the others... seems like a great deal

GGGREGGG
03/17/2005, 07:30 PM
no i appreciate the warning, they have other brands they sell as well. i'm just wondering though since their gimmick is "true factory direct savings" if their other products are garbage like the jebo products are.

that little nano light that i'm looking at is only 20 bucks though, well actually like 35 with shipping i think, but it's still cheap enough to give it a try.

burke757
03/17/2005, 07:43 PM
greg, do a search for aquatraders on this website. there are quite a few threads about them.