PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else like this idea?

KING OF THE REEF
03/17/2005, 11:36 AM
I just thought of this. Are you getting tierd of having your saturdays be boring? If so how about this idea. How about the club has 2 meetings per month. 1 on the first week and the 2nd on the last week hows that?

chrisaggie
03/17/2005, 12:23 PM
If I lived up in that neck of the woods it sounds fun. Probably better to meet the 2nd and 4th week so you don't have 2 meetings back to back. Sometimes the president and such of reef clubs have a hard time keeping up with the clubs with 1 meeting a month. 2 meetings a month might just be too much. Good luck with your plan!

TimD
03/17/2005, 12:37 PM
Might be rough considering right now we're doing meetings at peoples' houses. If we had some kind of regular meeting place it might work better. Even still, I would say perhaps one meeting and one "outing" per month would be cool. If we could, perhaps, work out group rates and special tours for things like the Miami Seaquarium, or maybe even a Saturday drive over to TBS's facility, or to one of the great conservation centers around here (where we'd probably be slightly off-topic but still related and still interesting), maybe to a sea turtle program/hatchery.

chrisaggie
03/17/2005, 01:01 PM
I have been a member of several reef clubs in the state over the last few years. In my opinion you should try to meet at people's houses as long as you have a low enough member turnout that it permits. It is much more fun to see 12 peoples tanks per year rather than an auditorium style meeting. Speakers and demonstrations can still be done in a living room. :)
~Chris

TimD
03/17/2005, 01:05 PM
In my opinion you should try to meet at people's houses as long as you have a low enough member turnout that it permits.

No doubt... I'm not frowning on this aspect of it, I'm just saying that having people host a dozen or more relative strangers every other week may not be all that feasible. But meeting in a neutral location and going off for hobby-related adventures is something everyone can cope with, whether it's going to a commercial aquarium, a theme park, or a big fish store somewhere.

pjmoore
03/17/2005, 01:29 PM
One possibility is that only one of the meetings be held at members' houses as we are now, as long as the numbers allow it. The second, "bonus," meeting could be as TimD suggested, a neutral location or a hobby related adventure.

RicksReefs
03/17/2005, 01:57 PM
like a snorkel/dive trip :)

GregM779
03/17/2005, 01:59 PM
Chris, are you coming to the meeting this month??

chrisaggie
03/17/2005, 02:02 PM
Yes, I will be there. :thumbsup:

GregM779
03/17/2005, 02:09 PM
cool, it's at my house. Anyway you could bring that green yuma and safecracker reds with you?? I am the one that was going to come down last weekend.

chrisaggie
03/17/2005, 02:18 PM
I'm email you Greg.

KING OF THE REEF
03/17/2005, 10:15 PM
wow great turn out lol