PDA

View Full Version : Hi all.

BigEasy
03/16/2005, 11:15 PM
Hi everyone. I'm Steve, live in Harbour View and am new to the reef world. Just recently found this site and realized tonight the HR forums were on here. I would like to get involved with others in the area and try to learn this hobby from you guys.

I have a 90gal that has been up for about 7months, but it is far from where I would like. I had a crash due to Ich about 4 months ago and had to start over with my fish. Fully stocked with fish (2 tangs and 5 other small swimmers) except one, as I am waiting on Leroy at Fish Safari to get me a Genicanthus watanabie . As for corals, not much yet. I have Xenia (1 that became 4), a couple of mushrooms and a toadstool leather that has NEVER been happy. Also have a long tentacled anemone.

I have spent the bucks this week upgrading things. Ordered, but not here yet, Icecap T5's, 3 powerheads and a phosbn reactor. After that is said and done, will need to add some more LR, figure out how to make a refugium that will fit and FINALLY add more corals.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you and look forward hearing from you.
Steve

xahx
03/17/2005, 06:31 AM
WElcome aboard Reef cnetral Welcomes you! Great to knoe youer interested in the hobby!

WantaBeReefer
03/17/2005, 06:38 AM
Big Easy, I live in Suffolk as well (Out in Whalleyville) off of rt13. I am also new to this site. I have a 125 thats been up an running for 3 1/2 months. The only fish right now are a niger trigger and a three striped damsel. I have a blue hippo in quarantine that will be ready for the main tank soon. As far as coral/inver go, I have 4 colonies of zoa's, 3 candy cane corals (flourecent green and green/red), a toadstool, GSP's, and a trachiaphylia (red open brain). I would like to attend the meeting, but I do not have anyhting to swap just yet. I will have my things lined up for the next one though. Good to see some others from Suffolk, as I do not even have a friend with a saltwater tank. I am the only one that I know that has one.

bixo
03/17/2005, 07:40 AM
[Welcome]

Just going around typing that cause its cool.

waterlily
03/17/2005, 11:08 AM
Welcome! You coming to the meeting Sunday?

I had ich last year - had to go fallow twice. It was a royal pain. Ever since then I've been diligent about quarantine.

BigEasy
03/17/2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the invitation, but won't be able to attend this week. Look forward to future ones though.

I QT for 4 weeks. Got ich on a hippo that was in my tank from the start and hadn't added anything new. Go figure. Added a UV sterilizer, left the tank fallow for 6 weeks, and no problems since (nock on wood). This time I stayed away from the hippo and went with a Powder Brown and a Chocolate mimic.

Ixthys
03/17/2005, 04:54 PM
Hey there Steve. Where in Harborview do you live? Maybe I know you. I live in the Riverfront...
-Craig

BigEasy
03/17/2005, 11:21 PM
I'm on the 6th hole on the water in the townhouses.

The Shrimp X
03/18/2005, 10:16 PM
Wait, are you talking about the Nansmond River Golf course? I live right by the 9th hole, Nansmond river golf course is the only golf course i knew about in suffolk.

BigEasy
03/19/2005, 01:05 AM
Nope. I live on Riverfront Golf Course. It's the one on 664 on exit 9A for Route 17. Far North corner of Suffolk next to the Monitor Merrimack Bridge.