PDA

View Full Version : new resident in homestead

CiXeL
03/16/2005, 10:27 AM
i just relocated from los angeles to south florida and i was looking to connect up with local reefers. im currently located in homestead. unfortunately i lost everything in the cross country trip but in a few months i intend to get all my equipment together and fire it up again and start anew.

this is what happened to my old tank
http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65094&highlight

stellablu
03/16/2005, 11:48 AM
Oh, boy. That is incredibly sad. It's too bad you couldn't have had them shipped out here or something, perhaps would have worked out better. I'm sorry about your loss, that garbage picture almost brought tears...*phew*

Nonetheless, welcome to Florida and the board! We have quite a bit of reef clubs and hobbyists in Florida, along with some exceptional public tanks and places like ORA. Again, welcome!!!

KING OF THE REEF
03/16/2005, 10:48 PM
hey cixel i just read the post on reefs.org. it brought tears to my eyes. sorry to hear about your loses. hey btw why dont you come to our next meeting? we'ed love to have you, that is if Mango Presidento (a name that was given to alberto via the emails) doesnt object. I know it is such a long drive but you might find it to be worth it . If you come i hope to question you about your tank and corals jsut to figure out how to grow mine better. If that kind of irkes you then sorry and I wont press the matter. But if it doesn't fork over the info. lol. Just a fellow reefer trying to learn in this vast hobby. lol hey btw WELCOME TO REEFCENTRAL AND TO FLORIDA

pjmoore
03/16/2005, 11:34 PM
Ouch, I am sorry to hear about your loss :(

I am sure you would be more than welcome at the meeting. However, it will be a bit of a drive from where you are...just over 100 miles each way, which depending on traffic could be close to a 2 hour drive.

KING OF THE REEF
03/17/2005, 11:34 AM
well i said that because maybe we can get a carpool together for the people in broward and davie. You know, every meeting someone else who lives down there can bring the others just an idea