PDA

View Full Version : LFS in Santa Clara, CA for some SPS frags

Eduardo
01/06/2002, 11:01 PM
I will be in Santa Clara, CA for business and I'd like to buy some sps frags and bring it with me to my home country (Venezuela), because here there is no LFS, which sell sps frag. I already brought some sps frags when I went to Miami, Fl 8 month ago, I'm doing some paperwork to bring those frags into my country again, but I don't know where I can buy sps frags in or near of Santa Clara because will be my first time there.

Shipping is an option but need to arrive on Friday night because I'm flying back on Saturday morning (>10 hrs). Any info will be highly appreciate.

Thanks,
Eduardo

Tenner
01/07/2002, 01:03 AM
Eduardo,

Welcome to our neck of the woods.

There are several LFS in the Santa Clara area.

Try T & T Aquarium in San jose, I will try and find an address and phone number for them, I know they do not have a web site.

Try Gotreef.com they are located in San Jose, their number is 408.224.REEF

Their is a store in Mountain View, but I do not know the name perhaps someone else can let you know what that store is.

If you want to travel 30 miles north there are several stores.
Aquarium Concepts in Hayward
There is a new store in San Leandro, I do not know their name either.
Lucky Gold Fish in Oakland, they don't have many SPS, mostly fish and Soft Corals.

Good luck, hope you find some good items.
Matthew

Reefer Dude
01/07/2002, 10:53 AM
Try to get ahold of a reef central member named Berlinmethod. He has some of the best SPS in the bay area and he lives down that way. He is in a reef club with several other people who live down there and also have some nice coral. With his connections you should be able to get ahold of better stuff then any store has. Another reef central member to contact is SPS_guy. The name should say it all there, and I beleive he is down that way too.

Eduardo
01/07/2002, 09:34 PM
Matthew, Justin,

Thanks for your answers, now I have options, I will create the schedule for the free time there. I appreciate that.

Thanks,
Eduardo

Bay Area Reef Design
01/08/2002, 05:42 PM
We have about 50 colonies of Sps. coral and around 30 frags available right now. Feel free to call us when you are in town.

Thanks for the plug Matthew!

Reef_l33t
01/10/2002, 12:42 AM
I highly recommend Bay Area Reef Design or (gotreef.com). Their SPS is incredible, and my recently purchased frag is doing extremely well.

Thanks Bob!

-Mark

BTW, my PH has stabilized, and the bleaching has passed. Only thing that is still showing signs of stress is the Xenia, but I am going to give it 2 weeks. Seems that Xenia is real weird with stress *such as shipping situations. Oh well, thanks again!