PDA

View Full Version : 12g NanoCustoms Setup

cncmastr
03/15/2005, 04:17 PM
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around for awhile. Great site, tons of useful information. I just wanted to get some input on my future tank.

I have a brand new 12g Larnie Signature Edition Modded 3.24 DX
- Rear Sump Lighting: 18w Independent w/ Aluminum Encl
- Overflow Mod: Overflow Mod

w/ 20lbs of Argalive pink fiji sand.
Chemi pure
PhosBan
Minijet 606
Minijet 404
Jagger 50w heater
3.5 lbs of NICE LR
~ 1 lb of LR rubble for the sump

I havent decieded what kind of Macro Algae I want to get. I was thinking cheato? Your opinions?

I am moving LR from my old tank to the new one. Any suggestions? Should I take some of my sand from my old tank? If so, how much?

Thanks,

JP

I'll post pics later today.

Sugar Magnolia
03/15/2005, 05:08 PM
You're going to need alot more LR than that. Aim for a pound to a pound and a half per gallon.

Seeding the sand with established sand is always a good idea. A cupful or so should do you just fine.

As far as macro goes, you can't beat chaeto. Won't go sexual, grows quickly and is easy to prune.

cokevanilla
03/15/2005, 06:11 PM
guess the 3.5 pounds is for the back compartiment right ? :D j/k

at least 18 lbs of live rock for main tank :rollface:

skipm
03/15/2005, 06:16 PM
Anthony Calfo recommends using chaetomorpha, gracillara, or octodes for nutrient export, they are hardy and don't go sexual. This was one of the topics of discussion after an event where Anthony spoke. HTH, Skip

jedininja
03/15/2005, 06:25 PM
Actually, the 1 pound he is saying is for the sump. That would be enough. A litle more wont hurt. In the nano cubes, splace is more limited though. I definatly would not go the recommended 1/5lbs per gallon. 10-12lbs is more than enough. I only have 8 pounds in my nanocube. You'll add more rock when you add coral.

cncmastr
03/15/2005, 06:25 PM
Should I leave the lights on for cycling?