PDA

View Full Version : Fishless reef

Cichlidius
03/14/2005, 07:17 PM
What are everybodies thoughts on fishless tanks. Softies and LPS will be the dominant corals. Small skimmer and Refugium are in use, is there any considerations or concerns going fishless.

Kaos
03/14/2005, 07:28 PM
If anything it should make it considerably easier. That's what I am working on now. The fish, especially in smaller systems, but a considerable load on the tanks filtration.

Carl_in_Florida
03/14/2005, 07:30 PM
Lots of sps folks go fishless because of what glenn said.

Carl

The Punisher
03/14/2005, 09:10 PM
I agree, it would only make things easier to keep clean and in check. I personally like fish and the motion and personality they bring to the tank but if you can live without that then it would only be a benefit to your tank.

calvin415
03/15/2005, 03:53 PM
Went fish less with great results in a 2.5 Pico. I didn't fun a skimmer, only filtration was a HOB which also gave circulation. It got boring without fish though and I upgraded to a 65 so I could have some.

Sugar Magnolia
03/15/2005, 05:12 PM
My 2.5 has been fishless for over a year. I just recently put in a magenta dottyback in there and am having second thoughts because I now have to feed the tank daily. More feeding=more waste. I may yank him out and put him in the cube.

I say fishless in anything smaller than 5 gallons.