PDA

View Full Version : Shroom question

mystangt
03/14/2005, 12:56 AM
What type or name brand glue should I use when attaching shrooms to a rock?

I know to get the gel kind but does anyone recommend a special brand?

TIA,
MYSTANGT:confused:

Adrian
03/14/2005, 01:41 AM
With shrooms glue dosnt work very well. IME the best way to mount shrooms is to use a toothpick to hold them onto the rock until they attach. Put the toothpick through the shroom, then insert the pick into a small hole in the rock your trying to attach the shroom to. The shroom will attach after a few days at which point you can remove the toothpick. HTH

NOLACLS
03/14/2005, 03:58 PM
Thats a good sounding idea...I have only tried superglue and it wasnt that easy to use. Is this working out for you?

reefdood
03/14/2005, 07:48 PM
When I need to attach shrooms I have a clear cylinder I put on my sandbed with rubble and the shroom in it. After a few days of being on the rubble without current blowing it around, it usually attaches. I have a bluespot in there now, attachin to some rubble. ;)

NCSTANG
03/14/2005, 07:51 PM
yeah the toothpick trick works,,usually they attach pretty quick

equinecpa
03/18/2005, 01:01 AM
I'm happy to read this. I just skewered a new mushroom today and was hoping this would work well.

Carolyn

mystangt
03/18/2005, 04:06 AM
Mine attached themselves after 2 days on a rock in low current.

NOLACLS
03/18/2005, 09:23 AM
I wonder how long it would have taken if I had cut the head off...yours were on the overflow box...so I took a razor and just scraped them off like buttah so the foot was unharmed :D

reefdood
03/18/2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by NOLACLS
I wonder how long it would have taken if I had cut the head off...yours were on the overflow box...so I took a razor and just scraped them off like buttah so the foot was unharmed :D

Not sure, I've never cut them. But yeah, in calm water I had one attach in actually 1 day. I like to give them a lil extra time for it to get a good foothold. ;)

My bluespot has come loose twice, so I have it using the shotglass method just sitting there on a rubble. I'm paranoid to take t out now.

BTW one of the rics are already crawling up my reef and halfway attaching. Not sure if that's a god thing for me. It better not decide to walk all the way up. :lol: I'll hafta aim a powerhead right at him if I have to "discipline" him. :lol: