PDA

View Full Version : 9 Gal stocking suggestions?

Jackson_uk
03/12/2005, 08:05 PM
Ok, i have a 7 uk Gal (bout 9 US i think) at the moment, mixture of soft corals and fairly large clean-up crew consisting of blue legs, red legs, turbos and a cleaner shrimp.
Filtration is a Fluval 104 External, 201 Powerhead, Prizm Skimmer and 5lbs of Live rock.
At the moment i just have a Fijian damsel that i've had for about 2 years and the tank is about 18 months old. Damsel has stayed at about 1.5 inches and i dont expect it to get much bigger (only has a small apetite)
Would you suggest adding another fish? Any suggestions?

Jackson_uk
03/12/2005, 09:01 PM
Maybe a Yellow Tang? What would you put in there?

kite
03/12/2005, 10:16 PM

mightymouse
03/12/2005, 10:55 PM
yellow tang is way too big for a 9 gallon tank and i wouldnt add anything in with a damsel they are mean little beasties

tampa-reefer
03/12/2005, 11:17 PM
Kinda small for any livestock, but there are some very small gobies(not clown gobies)...i dont remeber there names but they are about .25" long they are VERY tiny, red and white.

mightymouse
03/13/2005, 12:09 AM
yashia gobies? or maybe ur talking about a high fin red banded goby neither of these get over 1 to 1.5 inches and the clown gby of course is tiny and there are also black clown gobies if i were you id take out the damsel and add maybe a sole tiny black clownfish he would be ok for a long time as long as he was the only inhabitant and if you wouldnt wanna do that you can always go for something small that you cant keep in a big tank like a sexy shrimp

Jackson_uk
03/13/2005, 06:28 AM
Hehe, my plan worked!
Im not that stupid that i'd put a yellow tang in there. I just said about him because i was waiting for a response and i knew if i mentioned a Yellow tang i would get some response :p Sorry!

So a six-line or a small perc wouldnt be able to join my Damsel? He's not aggressive at all to other fish when i had him in my 22H, and he was the biggest.