PDA

View Full Version : Animal Jungle sale

burke757
03/12/2005, 10:29 AM
Aj is having a sale- i think it should start today. I know you guys don't think there quality is that good, but I have had good luck with them in the last year, and you can't beat their prices. Just screen your selections closely.

SALTWATER FISH SPECIALS

Convict Worm Goby . . . . . $6.88

Bar Goby . . . . . $9.88

Med. Scopas Tang . . . . . $12.88

Brown Bar Goby . . . . . $14.88

Lg. Scopas Tang . . . . . $27.88

Skunk Clown . . . . . $11.88

Dwarf Lionfish . . . . . $18.88

Chocolate Chip Star . . . . . $5.88

Sebae Anemone . . . . . $14.88

Green Serpent Star . . . . . $8.88

Condylactus Anemone . . . . . $3.88

Star Polyps . . . . . $28.88

Hydnophura . . . . . $48.88

Platygra Brain Coral . . . . . $68.88

I am going to pick up a couple of skunk clowns and a sebae, if i can. I am going to try to go in an hour or two. If anybody wants to meet there, post or pm me.

-Randy

mylittleocean
03/12/2005, 03:17 PM
Havent been there sence discovering Fish Safari. :D

burke757
03/12/2005, 03:44 PM
i just went. bought two percs for 19 a piece. the skunks were there and seemed healthy, but did not like them that much.

The Shrimp X
03/12/2005, 05:54 PM
wow , sounds like the exact prices scales and tales had todya,lol. I was actually kinda disapointed when i went there today, the acropora that i have been watching grow in the last month looks like its either bleaching or has RTN. And they was alot of brown cyano (sp?) in some of the tanks, but other wise it was a normal day there.

burke757
03/12/2005, 06:14 PM
david, where did you go,? aj or scales and tails?

The Shrimp X
03/12/2005, 07:37 PM
Scales and tales mostly, becaus ethere closer and i have to go like 2 times a week for crikets for my 3 bearded dragons.

Otherwise i try to go to Fish Safari.

burke757
03/12/2005, 09:42 PM
one clown looks great, one not so good. will keep everyone updated.

Country Boy
03/12/2005, 10:30 PM
I have a Beardie too.... I have a male...looking for a female to breed with

Ixthys
03/12/2005, 10:58 PM
I was at Scales and Tales tonight. That coral tank with the Cyano was rediculous!

The Shrimp X
03/13/2005, 12:42 AM
I know, i am not sure what has been going on, but they have'nt been getting much in lately, and what they do get in is'nt the best, lately the only thing they can get in is alot of clams, and the bad part about that is that some of the clams attach to each other and one will be the right side up and the one attached to it will be almost upside down, me and Chris (and employee, i am friends with them all, the owner, Bob is nice) were trying to put the clams at an angle so both would be able to extend there mantles.

I really prefer (for right now atleast) going to Fish Safari, they have an awsome selection at awsome prices, the only set back is there is so much that the space in between the isles is very crowded, but hey that what you get for asking for an awsome Fish store, lol.

IF any one is at Fish Safari, ask to see the dwarf, and dragon morays, they are spectaculous!!!! I hope to get a dwarf moray once i set up my 75 (or i might set up a nano for him so he cant escape lol.)

WantaBeReefer
03/13/2005, 06:50 AM
I frequent scales and tails alot and it really is not the best. I took a chance and bought a flourecent green mushroom rock out of the bubble algea tank. I scrubbed the heck out of it with a butter knife, removing all of the algea. I am happy to say that I think I was successfull at removing all of the nasties. I went to Fish Safari the other day for the first time. I loovveee the trigger up front. I was amazed at the variety and quality of the items. I spent almost 1 1/2 hjours carefully looking at everything. I was a little dissappointed when I finally asked about the "perfect piece" they taol me it was not for sale even though it was not in the display tank:confused:, but I picked up a few riccorda (sp) one of those big powerheads that were on clearance and I will conintue to check the place out despite my dissapointment.

burke757
03/13/2005, 09:56 AM
aj did have bangaii's on sale. 3 for 35. not bad for the easiest fish in saltwater to breed. someone should pick some up. it would be a good way to support your hobby.

The Shrimp X
03/13/2005, 09:56 AM
What was the "perfect peice" you were looking at?

jake2045
03/13/2005, 06:47 PM
Randy,
I'm on a mission to set up a pipe fish,Bangsii(pair), and mangrove tank asap.This will all be gravity feed from my 75 gal reef tank and act as a fuge to.I have been researching breeding and feed fry, for the last two days. Hopefully I will be able to build the tank tomorow and start plumbing.Anyone no where I can get live rotifers and live algea cilture local? LOL I know!
Jake

burke757
03/13/2005, 07:09 PM
no idea about the rotifers, but the bangaii's look decent- and that is a pretty good price for three of them.

update on the clownfish: they are both alive and have settled in my rose bubble tip. i thought they might split up, one in my lta and one in my rbta. but they seem like a pretty tight pair and are both hanging in the rbta. they were almost acting like they were not getting enough o2 in the water, which i don't seem how that is possible. But i threw an airline in there anyway, and next thing i knew, they both went from gasping air at the top of the tank to the anenome. i have removed the airline and i am going to see how they do. oh, and my mandarin is eating some of the brine shrimp i put in there, so that was cool.

-Randy

WantaBeReefer
03/13/2005, 09:22 PM
It was in the tank with all the polyps attached to the glass (on the isle straight in near the back of the store on the left hand side). I was looking at a rock with nice looking blue and red shrooms, a nice feather duster and about 3-4 single (but different colored) zoo's. It was a neat little piece. They have an outstanding selection there.

The Shrimp X
03/13/2005, 09:51 PM
well the problem might have been that it had so many diffrent things on it, so they may not have the price ready, just a guess.

burke757
03/13/2005, 10:00 PM
pic of the clown hosting in the rbta are in my gallery now

burke757
03/16/2005, 09:42 PM
both clowns are doing fine, they are not as lovey-dovey as before, but what do you expect.

i went and bought one of their sebae anenomes. i am curious as to how this will work out