PDA

View Full Version : Next WORC Meeting!!!

Micki
03/11/2005, 10:43 AM
WHEN: MONDAY APRIL 25

TIME: 6:30 pm

PLACE: BW3's TROY OHIO

WHAT TO BRING: Exciting Ideas for the FUTURE of OUR CLUB!!!

PM for directions...

ohioreef
03/11/2005, 11:12 AM
Now if only we could make this a sticky.....

bigfalcon36
03/11/2005, 11:35 AM
Nice...there is also a new BW3 in Englewood...it's really nice! just a thought for the a next one. I'll do my best to make it!

marinelife
03/11/2005, 11:36 AM
I still want to have a meeting at someones home

Micki
03/11/2005, 11:40 AM
I think most like that idea. That will be something to discuss at the April meeting. Setting a schedule will be the main topic! (or at least one of them).

Micki
03/11/2005, 11:41 AM
bigfalcon36, Englewood is fine too!
I think this is a pretty laid back group. Moving around shouldn't be a problem.

ohioreef
03/11/2005, 01:47 PM
We've got a month to decide!!

Micki
03/11/2005, 02:52 PM
I know, but I don't like the unknown... :)

I guess I'm a schedule freak!

atreis
03/11/2005, 09:06 PM
I like having something on the schedule. I've written it down, and will attend if possible. Woohoo!

Absint Reefer
03/12/2005, 11:53 PM
I can go

Micki
03/13/2005, 07:58 AM
Cool Carson! I'm glad to hear tha!

mdcoblentz
04/13/2005, 12:24 PM
Hey, i'm in Greenville. I'm just starting my reef aquarium. waiting on my lights. don't even have my new tank filled yet but would be interested in coming if thats ok?

Micah

ohioreef
04/13/2005, 12:29 PM
Gee, I really don't know.....I've heard stories about you people from Greenville, especially you teachers!!! :lol:

Of course, you are more than welcome!!!!! The more the merrier!!!!

BTW, redpyro is from Greenville.

redpyro
04/13/2005, 06:17 PM
mdcoblentz, did you used to be the greenie?

redpyro
04/13/2005, 06:18 PM
ya "we teachers" are nothing but trouble

redpyro
04/13/2005, 06:18 PM
i think i went to high school with this guy...

ohioreef
04/13/2005, 06:36 PM
Small world!!! That's kinda like Micki and I finding each other here.

Micki
04/13/2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by mdcoblentz
Hey, i'm in Greenville. I'm just starting my reef aquarium. waiting on my lights. don't even have my new tank filled yet but would be interested in coming if thats ok?

Micah

WELCOME mdcoblentz! Of course you can come!!!

Micki
04/13/2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by ohioreefer
Small world!!! That's kinda like Micki and I finding each other here.

Yes, we finally found each other! :D LOL

ohioreef
04/13/2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Micki
Yes, we finally found each other! :D LOL

Just don't tell our spouses!! :lol:

Micki
04/13/2005, 07:55 PM
It's just another Reef Club meeting that's all. Yes honey, we have them every week now... :eek:

LOL

ohioreef
04/13/2005, 07:59 PM
Don't laugh, my wife has already gone there!! Of course her dad riling her didn't help.

I straightened her out though, I just told her you were old enough to be my mother!!! :D

redpyro
04/13/2005, 08:12 PM
ouch....so that makes you guys my grandparents?

Micki
04/13/2005, 09:02 PM
Don't laugh, my wife has already gone there!! Of course her dad riling her didn't help.

I straightened her out though, I just told her you were old enough to be my mother!!! :D

OUCH!!! Thanks! I could have gone all night and not heard that! :D

Micki
04/13/2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by redpyro
ouch....so that makes you guys my grandparents?

Yeah sonny... :D

marinelife
04/13/2005, 09:04 PM
my wife would just come along

Micki
04/13/2005, 09:05 PM
After being married almost 24 years, it's not worth the energy... LOL

ohioreef
04/14/2005, 12:15 AM
Sorry, Micki, couldn't pass it up...

red, how old do you think I am?!?

mdcoblentz
04/14/2005, 01:20 AM
Yep. thats me. I used to be the greenie! RedPyro, who the heck are you? I've been tryin to figure this out. I was the Assistant Wrestling coach for Greenville this year. I can't figure who you are?

sorry guys, I got to thinkin about it and I'm gonna be workin 2nd shift until we get this factory painted and theres no way I'll be done with this baby till after april 25 but don't you have meetings every month??? I'm actually not a teacher yet, but I'm a lookin for a job.... grrrr... very frustrating times for an elementary teacher looking for a job right now!!!

anyways have a good one u all! later
Micah

redpyro
04/14/2005, 06:42 AM
I be Matt Levek

Gary = 35?

any sucks Micah this year is cutting staff so not much hiring going to be going on. Oh wait they are thinking of opening Greenvilles own SBH unit, and need someone to help staff that. But I wouldnt recommend it. I also heard Versailles had a social studies job open for next year.

redpyro
04/14/2005, 06:42 AM
6th grade social studies here at north school and 8th grade football

ohioreef
04/14/2005, 06:43 AM
Hey Hey!!! I'm "only" 33!!!

redpyro
04/14/2005, 06:46 AM
I was close, my guess was 33-37 i just went with the middle number

Micki
04/14/2005, 06:47 AM
How old do you think I am Matt??? (be nice :) )

ohioreef
04/14/2005, 06:48 AM
went with the mean... :)

Micki
04/14/2005, 06:48 AM
Yes you did, shame on you!

redpyro
04/14/2005, 06:49 AM
hmm well if you went to school with gary, (i am assuming) you cant be older than 36...but arent your kids older? hard to say. I'll go with 36 I suck as this game

ohioreef
04/14/2005, 06:49 AM
We didn't go to school together. She's got a son that isn't "too" much younger than me.

Micki
04/14/2005, 06:50 AM

sorry guys, I got to thinkin about it and I'm gonna be workin 2nd shift until we get this factory painted and theres no way I'll be done with this baby till after april 25 but don't you have meetings every month???

Yes we have monthly meetings, feel free to jump in any time! :)

redpyro
04/14/2005, 06:51 AM
45 then

Micki
04/14/2005, 06:51 AM
We didn't go to school together. She's got a son that isn't "too" much younger than me.

Try 10 years younger than you Gary!

Matt, you are my new best friend!!! :D

redpyro
04/14/2005, 06:52 AM
how old?

Micki
04/14/2005, 06:52 AM
45 then

Matt, we are no longer best friends...

Micki
04/14/2005, 06:53 AM
how old?

42, bot only for 12 more days.

redpyro
04/14/2005, 06:55 AM
ok well lets 36-45 mean would be 40, still pretty close

Micki
04/14/2005, 06:55 AM
I'll take 40...

ohioreef
04/14/2005, 06:57 AM
Holy!!! I guess I didn't realize that Randy was that much younger than me. I feel so old now!!! Time to dig out the support hose and cane, can I borrow one of yours, Micki?!? :D

Micki
04/14/2005, 07:03 AM
I feel so old now!!!

That's because you are... :D

I'm sure if you would have know how much younger Randy was than you, Matt would have guessed me at 30! (Right Matt???) Thanks for messing that up!

redpyro
04/14/2005, 07:21 AM
ya you look 30

Micki
04/14/2005, 07:22 AM
Ok that was nice, you are again my new best friend! :D
(little white lies aren't always bad)

mimmies11
04/14/2005, 01:33 PM
I'm actually not a teacher yet, but I'm a lookin for a job.... grrrr... very frustrating times for an elementary teacher looking for a job right now!!!

Micah, I know the feeling. I am in the same boat you are. Sometimes makes me wonder why I went into teaching when there are no jobs out there. I am working on my masters in spec ed, so maybe that will help me a bit.

Emily

redpyro
04/14/2005, 01:51 PM
spec ed can get jobs easy...at least around here...of course i would never want that job.

mdcoblentz
04/14/2005, 11:28 PM
emily, where are you goin for your grad classes? I've been thinking of taking some too to renew my license after this year.

micah

mdcoblentz
04/14/2005, 11:29 PM
glad to know I'm not alone out there... I feel for ya emily

mimmies11
04/15/2005, 05:14 AM
I am going to wright state. 1/2 way through the spec ed masters program right now. I am hoping someone will hire me to teach spec ed on a temporary license.
Emily

zaireguy
04/15/2005, 03:14 PM
where is everyone from? I just found this form seems all the clubs hold meetings thru the week.I work nights and all most can never attend.But I do like to check out what is going on with the new boards and meet new people.

Redpyro what is wrong with special ed?And becarful I have a little girl that needs special ed :)

have a great weekend all

marinelife
04/15/2005, 03:26 PM
zaireguy, Welcome!!!
Also check out www.westernohioreefclub.com
not all meetings will be on a weekday, some will be on the weekend.

Micki
04/15/2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by zaireguy
where is everyone from? I just found this form seems all the clubs hold meetings thru the week.I work nights and all most can never attend.But I do like to check out what is going on with the new boards and meet new people.

Redpyro what is wrong with special ed?And becarful I have a little girl that needs special ed :)

have a great weekend all

Welcome, even though we have already had a few conversations :)

I'm from the Piqua/Sidney area.

The dates etc. of the meetings will be discussed at the April meeting. Nothing has been decided yet, except for the upcoming meeting. I personally LOVE special Ed, which I'm sure you already knew. :)

Can't answer for Red, but I know some teachers just don't feel that is their cup of tea, and from personal experience, I wouldn't want a teacher teaching my special needs child if they didn't have their heart in it. Just my opinion. :)

How far from this area are you? Would you be able to attend meetings if they could suit your schedule?

redpyro
04/15/2005, 04:35 PM
there is nothing wrong with special ed. But i dont think i could do it for more than a few years. greenville is an inclusion district so I have special ed students in my classes. (about 20-25) But if that was all i did all day i would be burnt out real quick. Only problem i have with the current system in ohio is how it can be abused. Special ed is for kids with special needs...but it seems to be lately that lazy = special ed. Thats not right it really hurts the kids who really need help.

redpyro
04/15/2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by zaireguy
And becarful I have a little girl that needs special ed

so because you have a little girl with special needs i shouldnt express my real opinion?

I dont want to tick you off espcially since your new, WELCOME, by the way, but if you stick around long you will find I dont mind sharing my opinions.

But seriously what is wrong with this country? Have we become so PC that no one should share their real opinion in fear of offending someone? Thinking back to the article I posted about a football coach in TX being threated by breast cancer women for making some of his slacker players wear pink jerseys to practice. So now breast cancer owns pink?

Was our country not founded for the purpose of granting us rights such as free speech? Or to have your special ed student in a school getting equal treatment? Or to protest a cause you feel strongly about? This ultra conservativeism is going to far. And you know whats said is I usually lean to the republican side but both sides are going conseravtive. So there is no choice anymore. Everyone is all please everyone and be happy go lucky. Well I have news for everyone. Life isnt happy go lucky all the time. You can tell yourself that all you want, and make yourself feel better. But life is hard for many people. You can't always get your way. You have to work for things in life and you cant have everything just given to you. It seems the current generation, and alot of my generation have seem to of forgetten that.

Sorry when I express myself I usually rant and go on for a long time.

I think i got a little off topic from the start.

redpyro
04/15/2005, 04:47 PM
BTW: where is Bucyrus? Never heard of that

zaireguy
04/16/2005, 06:48 AM
Well first off was just razing you but I speak my mind to so I am sure I will tick off a few people my self.You can say nothing I have not heard before.
yes this country was build for all rights men and women did give all they good to give us the right to say how we feel even tho some might not like it.I personal do wonder how our schools systems have gotten in so much money troubles my self where is all the lottery money

I meant no offense was just messing with yeah.but I do have a little one that does need some help in school but like i said i have heard just about anything someone can say in the past 5 yrs.I live close to mansfield,ohio if you have heard of that

Thanks for the welcome
take it easy

Ron

ohioreef
04/16/2005, 06:54 AM
You go red!!! What is your opinion of inclusive education?

redpyro
04/16/2005, 08:23 AM
Right on Ron Speak out, you will like me and Trav (bigfalcon)

ahh inclusion my favorite topic. I am divided on this. Because it has its good points and bad.

I think it is very helpful to a portion of the students. At my school we have resource room for very low students and then inclusion which is meant for the higher but not a greade level students. Personally I dont mind the theory. And 3 of my 6 classes are inclusion classes. But I have one class with some very bright students mixed with about 3 kids who read below 2nd grade level, and one non reader. Seriously what am i suppossed to do with them? They cant read any of the material i use. I have an aide who reads to them but 3 of them cant comprehend it. So why arent they in resourse room where they would get more individualized help?

zaireguy
04/16/2005, 09:24 AM
Hi
you got it man.First of all anything I say is not meant as any personal attack to anyone,Incluesion a touchie subject for a lot of people.I feel as a parent if a child can handle a certain activity then they should be allowed to take part in that.

But if(I am going to use my child due to I can not speak for anybody eles)If it was way over her head then maybe she should skip that part of the class and take part insomething eles.Due to it would frustrate her and the rest of the class and that would be no good for her in anyway or the person trying to teach her.

I have had the pleasure of meeting some great teachers and also I have had to go head to head with a few due to they felt my child would never learn and that did not set at all with me.

So I agree with redpyro it does have good points and bads.And we have the right to disagree on them.But that does not mean we can not set down and talk about our reef`s or anything eles and be friends.Even the best of buds differ on things that is what makes us us.

But on a whole I am glad the the old school(30 to 40yrs ago) of just setting kids that learn slower(or very slow) in a room and forget about them is changing.And they are being given every chance they can be given.I feel this is due to parents taking a stand and also some great teachers and others taking huge steps forward and i say thanks to them

Like I said I meant no attack on redpyro or anyothers and yes he has the right to say how he feels no matter if anybody else agrees or not.I will say alot of things I am sure we will not agree on but that does not mean we can not be friends

Ron

zaireguy
04/16/2005, 09:29 AM
If I had any typo it is my other half`s fault some how it has to be her fault due to she is not her to catch me blaming her.micki yeah I would attend if I was able.Would be great to meet you all have a great day.

I am going to try and con the wife out of something for my tank like a new clam so off to columbus we go to hit all the lfs..mine mine mine :)

ohioreef
04/16/2005, 04:31 PM
My wife is also a teacher. Her biggest issue is the behavioral problem kids. She has had kids that will just totally disrupt class for half the class period. That is NOT fair to the other kids in the class. If the child can benefit from the class and doesn't constantly disrupt, then go for it, otherwise the child doesn't belong in the class, IMO.

ohioreef
04/16/2005, 04:32 PM
Wow, we're way off topic, AGAIN!!! LOL!!! :D :D

redpyro
04/16/2005, 05:33 PM
unfortunalty inclusion kids tend to be the beehavior problems because when they cant keep up and become frustrated they cope by acting out and putting the attention on behavior instead of academics...which bugs me

zaireguy
04/17/2005, 08:25 AM
yeah sorry I seem to be the one at fault for the off topic,I am sorry I hijacked the thread.

redpyro
04/17/2005, 08:29 AM
you will learn no matter the topic by the end of the thread it always ends up off topic here