PDA

View Full Version : OK. Went BB and now need to get rid of some rock and corals. Beware - Lots of pics

nanokeeper
03/11/2005, 01:07 AM
Hello fellow club members. This past weekend I removed the sand out of my tank (Thats a faux sandbed glued to starboard that you see in the pics) Lots of fun! :hmm5:
Anyway to increase the flow I need to get rid of some extra rock and corals that I have. I would rather sell than trade because I plan to start looking for a job in the Raleigh, NC area in a few months and will need to break down the tank and sell off almost all of my livestock once I find a job there . You may wonder why I even bothered taking out my sand just to break down the tank in the near future. Well one never knows how long acquiring a new job will take so I may just be here till next year.

However, I will consider trades on any colorful lps or sps since I want to enjoy the tank as much as possible till I break it down. Right now I mainly have LPS and Softies to clear out. In the near future I should have some nice SPS frags that I'm growing right now.

Thanks for looking. Please PM with any questions and I will be happy to bring anything to the upcoming meeting. Enough rambling. Anyway heres what I have for now:

Pale blue trumpets/Candy Canes (about 8-10 heads per frag) - $15 per frag

Star polyps (purple w/brown skirt and light green center) covering a rock -$20

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15974IM000949-med.jpg

Beautiful Sun Coral/Tubastrea (Two different colors on one rock - 1.Yellow skirt and mouth 2. Orange with yellow skirt and orange mouth) Note: Bad pic and polyps not open in pic - $25

Small Leather - $10

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15974IM000950-med.jpg

Green Shrooms - About 25 covering a medium sized rock. (This is a bad pic but these things practically GLOW in person. I recently put them in my sump because they are multiplying so fast and I am trying to get rid of all my shrooms.) - $20

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15974IM000952-med.jpg

Very LIVE rock. One very large piece. Various medium and small pieces. Mix of Jakarta and atlantic. Some decent shapes but most are round. Note -Taken out briefly to photo - $2 per lb.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15974IM000944-med.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15974IM000945-med.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15974IM000947-med.jpg

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15974IM000948-med.jpg

Thats it for now. Thanks. :wavehand: Pete

Ludwigia73
03/11/2005, 06:56 AM
Put me down for a nice frag of that trumpet! Please! Can you bring it to the PBMAS meeting with you? I'll have chaetomorpha to trade, if it's something you need.

nanokeeper
03/11/2005, 08:54 AM
Ludwigia,

I can definately bring a trumpet frag to the meeting. I also am bringing some chaeto to the meeting for imareefer. I have so much that I need to trim it down. Thanks very much.

Pete

TimD
03/11/2005, 09:48 AM
Could I get a frag of the candy cane at the meeting as well, please, if you still have some by then? :)

KING OF THE REEF
03/11/2005, 01:10 PM
hey that leather is it a toadstool? if so i want it could you go to 8 bux on it im kinda low a mulah lol thanks

ol'reefer
03/11/2005, 01:16 PM
I would like a frag of trumpet. Do you want to trade for anything?

KING OF THE REEF
03/11/2005, 01:21 PM
hey rich how are the frags i traded you doing? i have been meaning to ask you for a long time but just havent had the time lol

daywn
03/11/2005, 01:55 PM
Count me in on a trumpet frag if you have any left.
Thanks Paul

Ludwigia73
03/11/2005, 02:19 PM
Awesome... I'll bring the cash, please put me high on the list. I'll definitely be there, and I'll bring lots of corals... I've got 11 trades worked out so far!

nanokeeper
03/11/2005, 02:41 PM
TimD - Got you down for a trumpet

Imareefer - Yes, I think it is a toadstool. Alright, $8.

Ol'reefer - Got you down for a trumpet also. I know we spoke last month about me buying some of your awesome corals, but now that my wife and I are planning to relocate and the fact that I need to stabilize my tank since going to BB, I think that I will hold off on trading for now. I may be contacting you in the future to trade. Thanks very much though.

Daywn - Marked you down for a trumpet also. I've still got plenty. This stuff grows like crazy in my tank.

Ludwigia73 - Great. See you there. I'll also be carrying a lot of buckets.

KING OF THE REEF
03/11/2005, 05:01 PM
done deal then 8 bux for the nice leather lol SOLD TO THE REEFER lol

stellablu
03/12/2005, 10:27 AM
I'm sending you a PM about the rock. I'd like maybe 10# of small pieces if you have it. :)

nanokeeper
03/14/2005, 05:17 PM
OK. The only items I have left are:

7 trumpet/candy canes
Sun Coral/Tubastrea
Star polyps rock
Large piece of live rock

Thank you to everyone who bought something. I really appreciate it.

If anyone is interested I also have a complete setup for culturing Phytoplankton (except the shop lights which can be bought at Home Depot for $20).

This is what I have:

1. Unopened Phyto culture and growth medium
2. Airpump, airlines, and gang valves to split to culture containers
3. 2 liter bottles already drilled with rigid airline
4. Complete instructions on how to culture phytoplankton

$20.

I decided against culturing the phyto. Anybody interested please PM me. I can bring the setup to the meeting. Thanks again.

Pete

KING OF THE REEF
03/14/2005, 05:25 PM
hey if you ever sell your tank let me know i might be able to get it. but thats when you do sell it :):):)

stellablu
03/15/2005, 12:03 AM
Hey Pete!

Thanks again for the rock...although I found it to be simply loaded with bristle worms (which scare the crap out of me ever since a "brush-in" with some hah) but as they say, it's a sign of a healthy rock :) I want to move things around without worry so I'm going to make a pantyhose trap for them and downsize my collection haha Plus my arrow crab might find them enjoyable!

Thanks again though, it fits in perfect!

Kimber

Vaigod
03/15/2005, 12:20 AM
You can put me down for a $15 frag of the trumpet as well.

KING OF THE REEF
03/15/2005, 09:05 AM
hey do you have a pic of the sun coral? and how much for it? got ne zoos?

nanokeeper
03/15/2005, 12:24 PM
Kimber - Ya, bristle worms can be a little scary. I got stung numerous times last week when I removed all the rock from my tank to take the sand out. Other than that I have never had any problems with them in the tank. Glad the rock worked out for you otherwise. Good luck.

Vaigod - Great. I'll bring one for you to the meeting

Imareefer - The second pic down shows the the sun coral. It is the small yellow and orage coral in the middle of the picture. When the picture was taken the polyps were not out so it does not look as pretty as normal. I'd like $25 for it since it has two different color corals on the same rock. I will probably have some zoos for next months meeting. I'll let you know when I have some decent sized frags of zoos.

KING OF THE REEF
03/15/2005, 01:03 PM
ok never mind about the sun coral im out of doh lol

daywn
03/15/2005, 01:08 PM
I'll take the sun coral for $25.00.See ya at the meeting.
Thanks Paul

nanokeeper
03/15/2005, 08:59 PM
Sounds good Paul. Your starting to get a pretty big list from me.
Later.

Pete

Ludwigia73
03/20/2005, 08:37 PM
See ya at the meeting!