PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare continues...

ScooterGuitar
03/10/2005, 08:17 PM
So everyone is aware of the tank busting and the serious flooding and damage, here's an update...
Crew came and tore out the basement carpet today, it oculdn't be salavaged. Rippe dup our entire first floor other than living room. We have to live with a bunch of loud industrial fans and humidifiers until Monday. They had to take out the kitchen sink counter and cap the pumlbing, so no dishes and we will have to pretty much eat out every meal as the kitchen it wrecked.
Looks like it's gonna be this way until late next week.
Just for upstarirs flooring, it is at just under 10K!

vermonter310
03/10/2005, 08:20 PM
Ouch!

Mike_McBrien
03/10/2005, 08:46 PM
ew yucko. I still have a hard time imagining 130 gallons of water everywhere!

Dubbin1
03/10/2005, 08:56 PM
Hey Scott I'm not sure if I will make it or not this weekend. The wife and I was kinda talking about taking a weekend off from traveling. Plus I got some guy hassling me about building a canopy or something.

skippy2
03/10/2005, 09:28 PM
Does your house insurance pay for the damages? Not my business, I know, I just worry about my tank leaking into the downstairs apartment.

ScooterGuitar
03/10/2005, 09:29 PM
That's cool Dwayne, better it GIT R DONE! The guy wanting the canopy might want one for his 75 as well, I think he should go MH and an AGA one wouldn't be tall enough, or so he thinks.
I now have 250 snails! 4 weeks ago I won and ordered 100 snails something or another on eBay. Cost me $26 with Priority mail shipping. Well he "got sick" that week and didn't ship, then the following week no snails! He said if I could wait he would make it up to me. Last night, 150 snails, cool. today another 100 hundred arrived! I think most of them lived! They are pretty big too for the nassrious/illnarious whatnot kind. What this has to do with anything, I have no clue :>)
For sale: Snails 2 for a buck:>)

ScooterGuitar
03/10/2005, 09:31 PM
Skippy, yes they are paying for most of it, but it is such a mess. Soem things that got ruined just cannot be replaced (pictures, etc.)

skippy2
03/10/2005, 09:37 PM
I am sorry I sounded so materilistic in my post. I have destruction of my personal belongings and even with insurance it didn't help much. In my case it was a robbery at my home.
I really am sorry you are going through a rough time.

Dubbin1
03/10/2005, 09:48 PM
That canopy guy sure is pushing his luck :) I sure hope it gets warm out so the guy thats building them can GET R DONE.

ScooterGuitar
03/10/2005, 09:57 PM
Skippy, no worries, I didn't take it that way:>)
Oh, the builder can't get cold, I heard that wood won't cut right if it's cold :>)
Actually, stain does need to be at a certain temp doesn't it? Hmm, I could go back and edit the first sentence on this post, but i won't~!

selgado
03/10/2005, 10:57 PM
I've just been able to get on RC recently and been able read up on your current disaster. Sorry about your loss.:sad2:

As far as the snails are those the ones that bury themselves in the sand and clean-up detritus? If so I would love to take some off your hands.

Originally posted by ScooterGuitar
That's cool Dwayne, better it GIT R DONE! The guy wanting the canopy might want one for his 75 as well, I think he should go MH and an AGA one wouldn't be tall enough, or so he thinks.
I now have 250 snails! 4 weeks ago I won and ordered 100 snails something or another on eBay. Cost me $26 with Priority mail shipping. Well he "got sick" that week and didn't ship, then the following week no snails! He said if I could wait he would make it up to me. Last night, 150 snails, cool. today another 100 hundred arrived! I think most of them lived! They are pretty big too for the nassrious/illnarious whatnot kind. What this has to do with anything, I have no clue :>)
For sale: Snails 2 for a buck:>)