PDA

View Full Version : ????ro di units?

iceman5
03/09/2005, 10:33 PM
I am looking to buy an ro di unit. what does everyone else have ?and how do you like it? i have been on ebay looking and seen some good deals. i guess i am asking around before i purchase one. any info. would help thanks Andrew:D :confused: :confused:

Hella
03/10/2005, 05:10 AM
I have a three stage I got from http://www.dervich.com/Reef/ Great prices and shipping was not outrageous like some of the Ebay stores. I just wish I got the 75Gal a day unit not the 25.

nathansdad04
03/10/2005, 06:42 AM
Get one from filterdirect on ebay. Get one that produces 75gpd or lower. They are the same as namebrand units and work just as well. Get yourself a waste restrictor/backflush valve and TDS meter from www.buckeyefieldsupply.com (with all the money you save)
Don't get sucked in and buy some $200-300 unit cause it's made by some namebrand company....all units use the same membranes etc. Clear filter housings are not necessary...your TDS meter will tell you when to replace filters etc. Not to mention that clear housings are more brittle than the opaque ones.

pman0455
03/10/2005, 06:44 AM
I bought my whole unit from buckey field supply and I'm very happy with it.

PJ

Stigmatic
03/10/2005, 02:53 PM
I got my 5 stage off ebay for like $80, ran it for an hour and had 0ppm readings. Got 5 sets of replacement filters for $100 which will last a couple years. Awesome deal.

daddavis1
03/10/2005, 03:53 PM
I'll the second the Filter Direct the $90 model is what I went with. Something I wish I bought was a second DI clear housing unit for $15 includes the resin. The float valves work great and it came with a flow restrictor and automatic shut off

iceman5
03/10/2005, 09:55 PM
thanks guys ! i will be checking them all out.

aberg12012
03/11/2005, 03:06 AM
Mine was from filtersdirect. I got replacement cartiridges from http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/

I highly recomend them for replacement filters, although they are a bit more expensife for the whole RO/DI unit. Last I checked anyways.

Woked out well, but when it's time next year to replace the RO membrane I'll proly just oder a whole new unit as it's about the same price for ALL the filter cartridges vs. buying a whole new unit and getting extra canisters.