PDA

View Full Version : Swapping at next meeting ??

Agu
03/08/2005, 06:14 PM
OK, fragged some zoanthids for the next meeting...the two frags on the left,.....

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/2DSCN0838.jpg

also can frag these zoas,

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/2DSCN0839.jpg

Also have a free mantis shrimp.

Agu

Bugs825
03/09/2005, 06:01 AM
Hey agu

I would be intrested in the mantis. I was reading about them and i am amazed. What kind is it???

Nathan

myakkareef
03/09/2005, 09:41 AM
Man I wish I could grow Zoos...They must taste like "shrimp" to one of my fish...
If we make it which I am planning but with all the things in life right now??
I will be bringing some xenia and some Chaeto...
I will probally be moving the tank again to the new house the weekend after the meeting Hopefully, I think it has been more Stressful on me then the Tank Though....

Agu
03/09/2005, 09:23 PM
N. wennerae it's from the gulf but I got it from North Port.

;) ,

Agu

Pete Starostecki
03/10/2005, 12:44 AM
Ooooh! Those red ones look nice! I may have to frag some pink/rust or blue/green ones to trade. Unfortunately, something will probably come up (it always does in my business) that weekend.:(

Bugs825
03/10/2005, 11:01 AM
Agu,

I would love to have a mantis. I am doing lots of research now and getting the stuff together. Any recommendations on lighting? I think i would like a 10 gallon. If I could claim this mantis, that would be great. Let me know.:D

I don't have any frag to trade yet. But my wife started her job! So now there is a little my in the hobby fund. If anyone would sell frags i would be intrested.

Nathan

cuncator
03/10/2005, 07:17 PM
Anyone interested in a head of frogspawn? It's doing well, expanding and trying to sting every zoo in my tank :rolleye1: If not things will survive until I get the new & bigger tank up.

And I'm always willing to buy zoos & ricordeas!

Agu
03/10/2005, 09:15 PM
Nathan, You don't need a ten, a cheap 5 or so gallon setup will work. You don't even need a heater in Fl. A couple inches of sand, some rubble, and you're good to go. When you're ready lmk and you can pick it up. Lighting doesn't matter, I use a HD compact fluoro. Want some of the green zoas to dress up the tank? They grow great under that light.

Cuncator, Which zoa do you want for the frogspawn or do I have to give you both ?

Agu

wahwoo
03/10/2005, 10:05 PM
Cuncator,

Do you only have one head of frogspawn? If you have another I would like to buy one (Agu's got first dibs)

I always have Kenya frags if any one is interested.

cuncator
03/10/2005, 10:25 PM
Hehe, a sample of every zoanthid in your entire collection of course. I would be more than satisfied with the red if Pete can't make it or you have another small frag. Besides, you hooked me up with those other zoas my first meeting! Do you maybe have a spare blue leg hermit though?

Wahwoo, there's a possibility of another, but I think only one head for now. If not this meeting then soon afterward though.

And Agu always has first dibs :D

Bugs825
03/11/2005, 11:48 AM
Hey Agu,

Well the 5 and 10 gallon tanks were both $10 so i got the 10. I am making a canopy and decided to use 3 old light to retro fit it. 45 watts should be good but i need new bulbs. I will fill the tank with some water from my 29 when i do a water change. Have to find time to get it all together. Maybe we could get together in the begining of next week. Thanks and you know i never turn down a coral.:D :D :D

Thanks a bunch
Nathan

Agu
03/11/2005, 04:54 PM
Nathan,

Let me know when you're ready.

Agu

Bugs825
03/12/2005, 11:42 AM
k

cool

Thanks
Nathan

Agu
03/18/2005, 10:52 PM
Nathan,You ready yet ?

I still have those green zoas available for anybody who wants them .

Agu

Bugs825
03/19/2005, 08:09 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry i have not been around much in the last few days. I was in the hospital with another collapsed (sp?) lung. I also have to go back on monday for surgery to solve this problem. They have to remove the piece of lung that keeps leaking. Fun Fun FUN

Agu,
I have the mantis tank ready and could pick him up today or on sunday.

Let me know
Nathan

wahwoo
03/19/2005, 06:24 PM
Agu,

I'll try some green zoas. Let me know what you would like in return. trade or cash?

Dave

Agu
03/19/2005, 09:28 PM
Green zoanthids no charge . I can do one more colony at the same price. My nano tanks are full after the frog frag.

Agu

wahwoo
03/20/2005, 09:37 AM
wow! thanks Agu for the zoas. I'll make sure to return the generosity once I have some frags happening.

The LPS, polyps and softees are great to fill space and add color/diversity to the tank. I am determined to get back into SPS on the high rocks for the challange.

I have seen other tanks that have huge montis and acros that were started as small frags only 6 mos to a year before. Thats the area I want to perfect in my tank soon.

Agu
03/20/2005, 10:27 PM
Hey Nathan,

If that mantis disappears for a few days don't give up. They tend to molt after changing tanks. My other mantis once went MIA for 12 days after a molt.

Agu

Bugs825
03/21/2005, 12:43 AM
Hey Agu hes doing good

Heres my post in the mantis forum
Check out the tank setup
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=552207

Did you get my message about the pics that you took of him??? I was wondering if you could post them or PM them to me so I can add them.

Thanks he is so cool

Nathan

Agu
03/21/2005, 09:30 PM
The pics are in your email. Good luck with the lung thing.....

Agu

Agu
03/22/2005, 08:52 PM
Dave,

If you could come by this week it would save me some packing. I might be able to get you a monti digitata frag too.

Call me....

Agu

Bugs825
03/24/2005, 10:33 PM
Ok guys i'm still alive. I got home tonight after a few rough days. I had surgery monday, ICU Tuesday-Wednesday, Regular recovery Thursday. Many cuts, pokes, and a few chunks missing but i should be good as new in about 6 weeks.

I will bring the rocks to the next meeting.

See you all then.

Nathan

Agu
03/24/2005, 11:29 PM
Nathan,

Glad to hear you survived ;) . Hang in there !! Don't show unless you're OK, it's not that big a deal that you have to take risk.

Agu

Bugs825
03/25/2005, 09:56 AM
I need to get out and do something. I'm going nutz!
:hmm4: :crazy1: :hmm2:

Nathan