PDA

View Full Version : Club Library. Are you interested??

dgasmd
03/08/2005, 05:56 PM
I am trying to get a feel for the interest of people in general in a library for the club. Education is a priority in this club and books are a strong part of it. We all read and learn a great deal from online polaces like RC and such, but also book reading is a great tool.

The club could purchase some basic books that can be lend out to members only for a limited time not to exceed 1 month. That can be renewed unless there is someone that signs up for it. The list of books would include Veron's 3 book SPS bibble series, Sprung and Delbeek series, Boreneman books, Scott Michael's fish books, etc.

I would do my best to get some books donated maybe or at least discounted from some of the online/local stores, but we would have to get some fiarly good concensus as to which books to get as this could get very expensive you know.

Please reply here if you think this would be of interest or value and which books you would like to see in the list.:D

Vaigod
03/08/2005, 07:50 PM
Sounds like a good idea. A few of those books in the list are GREAT educational tools. The Delbeek and Sprung books are a wealth of knowledge. Maybe some of us have some books that we have exhausted ourselves with, that could be donated to the club. I'm sure I have a few.

pjmoore
03/08/2005, 08:25 PM
I would be interested. I don't really have anything to donate, but I wouldn't mind chipping in to help get started.

KING OF THE REEF
03/09/2005, 09:07 PM
Sounds like a great idea
IMAREEFER

ctaegar
03/09/2005, 11:53 PM
I'm all for it as well. I will check out some prices online for used and let you know what I learn...
I've had very good experiences buying used books online.