PDA

View Full Version : My Redsea Wave 3gallon nano @ 2 months

gojohnnygogo
03/07/2005, 01:16 PM
I have had my nano up and running now for about 2 months and everything has been going very smoothly, I had one algae bloom that lasted a couple days but the snails did a good job on cleaning most of the algae up I used my algae scraped for the little that was left, the only incident I have had was my emerald crab ripped one of my hermit crabs to shreds. I woke up one morning and there were pieces of hermit all over the tank, the emerald crab has been finishing off the final bits and pieces of em when shes near them. Is this normal? I think the hermit got too close to the cave the emerald crab hangs out in. I just added a new piece of rock that has a bunch of fire polyps on it, some green growth and even came with some tiny little thin white starfish of some sort that is so tiny I cannot find it anymore. I also added a 1watt led moonlight by aqualight and even tho they are a bit pricey, the look of the tank at night is totally worth it in my opinion.

Stats:
1 Redsea Aquavase Wave Style Tank approx 2.5gallons
1 Redsea Nanofilter
1 13watt combo blue/white light
1 1watt Aqualight moonlight

Livestock:
2inches livesand
3-4 pounds liverock
Torch Coral
Xenia
Green Mushroom
Star Polyp
Brown zooanthid?
Fire Polyps
1 False Perc Clown
1 Blue Tang (soon to be moved to larger tank)
1 Hermit Crab
1 Emerald Crab
1 Bumble Bee Snail
1 Nassarius Snail
1 Jumbo Tonga Snail? (stays under the sand bed)
various other little creatures, I see little tiny green looking worms possible? a couple? are they bad? I also have noticed some weird looking worm thing that climbs the glass at times, has some things like little spike feelers off the sides, almost looks like a tiny slug without a shell, some other microorganisms that Im not familiar with. I was wondering if fire polyps required a little more light do you think then normal? or 13watts can provide anyways, they are open a lot but closed at times and im not sure if its normal or if they should be open more. I add about a drop of iodine every couple days as well as carbon, a drop or two of liquid plankton as well. and feed formula 1 and 2.
http://www.livemx.com/ourfish/DSC00670.jpg
http://www.livemx.com/ourfish/DSC00667.jpg

Carl_in_Florida
03/07/2005, 01:29 PM
http://reefcentral.com/images/welcome.gif
Welcome to Reefcentral

I really like the looks of these tanks. Nice clean setup. My only drawback would be that your clown in going to outgrow that tank pretty fast. If I had a fish in a tank this size it would probably be a goby.
I had a clown in my 6 and I felt bad for him after a while.
I would also watch that macro on the zoos, that stuff can get unmanagable fast.

Nice job though and make sure too keep posting pics as this thing ages.

Carl

mightymouse
03/07/2005, 03:29 PM
thats a nice looking tank nice job :cool:

cj_basser
03/07/2005, 04:50 PM
Is that a hippo tang in there, in the lower right of the first pic?

The tank looks great, but be forwarned- you are gonna get all kinds of people saying some bad stuff cause there is a tang in there.

Carl_in_Florida
03/07/2005, 04:58 PM
YIKES! and i only saw the clown.

Carl

cjm033
03/07/2005, 05:59 PM
i liek the tang in there it looks cute lol.

Jimsmowen
03/07/2005, 10:16 PM
Read what he said, "(Soon to be moved to a larger tank)"

JAnwyl
03/08/2005, 03:16 AM
Looks nice. Id like to see a couple more pics. Is the moonlight you have a clip on moon light.

Jared