PDA

View Full Version : Who has a nano on their desk at work? Also, some questions.

roper512
03/04/2005, 01:49 PM
Hey all -

Just wanted to know if any of you have a NanoReef on your desk at work? And if so how has it been working out for you? Or is something like that even possible without all sorts of equipment laying around?

The company I work at is going to be moving buildings shortly into a brand new workspace. The desks we will be getting will be top of the line and definately extremely sturdy so I guess weight will not be an issue for anything 10 gallons or less. However, a few questions:

1) With such a small tank, how does filtration, water flow and such work?

2) How often do you do water changes on such a small tank and without sump/skimmer? Daily?

3) Would something like this have the potential of causing water damage to the surface it's sitting on?

4) What does your workplace think of it? Is it generally accepted or thought to be a distraction?

5) Does high amounts of traffic in the workplace make it difficult keeping fish free of stress?

6) how often do you test water parameters?

Thanks to everyones responses/thoughts. My first and foremost priority would be the health and well-being of any living thing inside the tank. If a workplace environment makes it difficult for this I will not set one up. I'm just looking for peoples feedback, whether you have a tank on your desk at work or not.

Thanks!
Adam

phergus_25
03/04/2005, 05:34 PM
We have one siting on my moms dest at her work, the desk has a big peice of glass on it. It is a nano cube with the back cut out for an AC 300 and an exra PH. You dont have to do alot of waterchange unless it over stocked, once every 2 weeks. But the main thing you have to keep in mind is to keep people from feeding them all the time

Mache62
03/04/2005, 07:14 PM
I totaly agree with Phergus......all people want o do is feed the fish! arg!
but anyway...I have a 5.5 at work with an AC300 and a power head, oh and one of those coralife 2x9w bulbs.

roper512
03/04/2005, 10:09 PM
Cool :) So everyone wants to feed the fish huh? I think I'll have to put up a sign or something telling people to look, but not feed! lol

Thanks for the replies =)