PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Best Ro/di Brand

reefer2078
01/02/2002, 08:50 PM
HELLO EVERYONE IM LOOKING AT BUYING A RO/DI 4 STAGE UNIT FOR MY REEF TANK. I WAS WONDERING WHATS THE BEST BRAND OUT THERE?:)

DC321
01/02/2002, 11:32 PM
Reefpure.

Do a search.

Muttling
01/03/2002, 02:44 PM
The membranes themselves are only manufactured by 3 companies in the US. None of these companies sell RO units direct to the public and all 3 are good quality.

The only difference in brands is the quality of the housing and most companies hire OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to construct the things to their specifications.

So whether you buy a Kent, Reef Pure, Spectra-Pure, etc. you are quite likely to get the exact same membrane and its hard to say who actually built the housings themselves.

I strongly suggest you buy one with clear canisters so you can see whether or not your prefilters are getting sediment loaded before breakthrough starts.

I personnally run a Spectra-Pure and have had outstanding water quality from it.

SciGuy2
01/03/2002, 03:09 PM
I'd stay away from Premier. Premier units have brass fittings...

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/03/2002, 08:28 PM
My Spectrapure unit has been running flawlessly for 6+ years. I've never heard of anyone who complained about Spectrapure, and I'd buy another.