PDA

View Full Version : I set up my tank, now i need a cup of sand, PLEASE!!!

Billy the kid
01/02/2002, 06:16 PM
Well, I set up my tank, with a DSB, about 60 lbs of really cool high end uncured live rock. I also set up a small refugium plumbed into my sump.
I used Aragonite as my substrate, and was wondering if a few people can give me a cup of their live sand with all the goodies in it, so I can help get mine going.
-billy the kid

p.s. I live in Hercules, and will drive to your location.. thanks in advance.

Tenner
01/03/2002, 01:18 AM
BTK,

I will bring in two cups of sand from the Live Sand Project tank I have. Perhaps Justin can bring some also. Could you please bring two cups of sand in exchange for the new sand.

Thanks, see you at the next meeting.
Congrats on getting the tank going.
Matthew

Curious, what setup did you end up going with?

Billy the kid
01/03/2002, 02:29 AM
Matthew,
When is the next meeting? Can I get the sand in advance? I can come to your place or something.
To answer your question.. I used a 55 gallon Tru Vu tank with a built in corner over. I converted a couple of wet/drys to a sump and refugium. I am using a an ETS skimmer. I purchased a set of 4x55 compact florescents (Hamilton). Now I've got another problem.. Some sort of algae forming in my sand bed.... I'll post another thread with a pic in the morning.

Reefer Dude
01/03/2002, 12:10 PM
Billy,

I work in Alameda, I would be happy to bring some live sand to work and trade with you for some dead sand. My 150g refugium is going crazy, so I know the sand is ready. Let me know if you can make it out here and we can trade.

Billy the kid
01/03/2002, 07:25 PM
Can I come by tomorrow afternoon, Justin?