PDA

View Full Version : My 30 gallon tank diary

ratimpulse
03/01/2005, 09:39 PM
Well, im new to these sections. With the NPPL soon coming up I dont have enough moeny to keep my large tank up. Soo its going down to a 30 gallon tank. Soo here it goes, my local petsmart aAHAHA is getting in there 30 gallon tanks towmorrow so i'll be going up there to buy my tank. As of lighting right now it will be powered by some sort of PC and VHO mixture. Ill be using a wet/dry converted into a fuge. It will hold 2 sabae clowns, shrooms, polyps, a yellow tang. YEA YEA i know a tang in a 30 gallon. But you know what my dad is purchasing a large tank soo i figure since hes very small still i will move him over once that tank is done cycling. As of skimmer it will be a DYI EAP skimmer. I'll get pictures soon of everything.

CPT. MURPHY
03/01/2005, 09:48 PM
I would love some pics :)

ratimpulse
03/01/2005, 10:01 PM
Yea, ill get pictures up soon. I dont think ill be able to get the tank towmorrow. I kinda got in a fight with my mom and shes like ****ED OFF. But ill get pictures of my 55 gallon. Its pretty much a blank tank with 30 lbs of liverock in it. I do have a 30 gallon lieing around my house but it housed gerbils and i would have to re silicone it.

phergus_25
03/02/2005, 07:15 AM
i'm watching for the skimmer i'm really intrested in doing the DIY skimmer. You should check in on the story of my wet dry turned into a fuge, it will be done in within a week.

ratimpulse
03/02/2005, 02:58 PM
Yea, well i h ave most of the stuff but i need the pump before i can finish the project.

ratimpulse
03/02/2005, 05:33 PM
Ok, well i was wondering do you think a 30 gallon would fit on a desk, It has the room for it, Its just the weight issue. It seemd very sturdy.