PDA

View Full Version : ***First Meeting***

Mike_McBrien
03/01/2005, 08:27 PM
As Promised this is the post for the first meeting...

On Friday March 4th we will be meeting at 7:00 pm sharp inside Gary's Aquarium. Gary Aquarium is located in Perrysburg which seems to be the most centrally located and easiest LFS available. For all of you mapquesters this is the info;

Perrysburg Aquarium
420 Louisiana Ave., Perrysburg, OH
USA 43551
419-874-6504

I know I had orginally stated the meeting would be in Findlay but this has changed due to Gary's willingness and the fact of having the meeting not only be a great thing to be involved in, but its also a good reason to escape to a good Marine store once a month and to stock up on some needs or wants. No other location would provide a good central location with the benefit of a LFS nearby.

At this meeting we will be having a meet-n-greet time so be prepared to to tell a few sentances about you, your family and your tanks. (participation is definatly optional, but why else would you be coming). After about 30 mins of this lovely meet time at 7:30 I plan on doing a short instructional/how-to on Frag and coral transportation and acclimation. Any ideas or trick that other members have I would be glad to hear so that we can add it to the pile of info.

To close the meeting we will discuss the Frag swaps that are happening this weekend and also touch base on what everyone wants from the club so that we can shift our focus to meet the clubs needs.

Prior to the meeting an optional outing at Peppercorns Resturaunt will be happening. Orginally I planned the meeting to start over a meal but this resturaunt is really not the best kind of place to do that in. Secondly it is optional because the food is a bit pricy and the atmosphere a bit formal. The plats avg between 10 - 20$ a plate and some may not want to pay that.

For those who are interested in eating at peppercorns prior to the meeting I suggest not only replying below but also plan to meet at Peppercorns about 5:30. Its a friday night so it could be busy. It is very important of you plan on eating that you reply below so that we can make reservations for the meal. If no-one is interested do not feel like this is a mandatory part of the meeting.

To wrap this post up, Those people who plan on being at the meeting please reply below so that I can get a rough guess on who will attend. And be sure to post if you plan on eating @ Peppercorns. Any questions or comment will be glady heard!

selgado
03/01/2005, 08:59 PM
Mike, I will be dining and attending the meeting put me down for 2 adults, unless I can bring my pug also he doesn't eat much ;)

Also I have an idea to encourage attendance. I make DIY moonlights. I would be more than happy to whip up a set for free to maybe hold a door prize drawing for those in attendance. The lights usually have between 6-12 LEDs.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea and if you have any suggestions!

Dubbin1
03/01/2005, 09:05 PM
I plan on eating at Peppercorns but I do feel that $10-$20 for a plate of corn with pepper on it is a bit much :) Mike do you know what kind of restaurant this is? Steak?

edit: I will have to ask the wife when she gets home if she plans on going and then I will call you or something.

Dubbin1
03/01/2005, 11:09 PM
Im just going to keep this to the top.

bigbenji
03/02/2005, 02:36 AM
I may not be on time, but I'll certainly be there. As I have to leave work early to get there, I will not be meeting you guys at Peppercorn's. Since its a Friday night, plan on it being busy. Also, Gary might not have mentioned that the parking lot is actually off of West 5th st. Turn west off 199 (Louisiana Ave.) and its on the right . Gary's is around the corner from the parking lot, back on Louisiana Ave. Its the blue building.

ScooterGuitar
03/02/2005, 09:13 AM
Gonna try to be there at 7!
Yes, that restaurant will be packed at that time.
Miek, did you work out a discount to anything with Gary?

bigbenji
03/02/2005, 01:54 PM
shameless bump to keep this on top, and up my posts
i want my own avatar

what fish
03/02/2005, 02:47 PM
well let me talk to the ol man and see if he would be up for a night out. I was all ready to go even if on my own till ya changed it to out of town. But hey who knows I will email you tomarrow and let you know if we will be able to attend.

selgado
03/02/2005, 02:54 PM
C'mon we'll show guys how to have a good time.

bashduo
03/02/2005, 06:35 PM
Count on the two of us meeting at Gary's at 7pm! He has a great store - we go there several times a month!!!! Gary is a pretty nice guy too and has ALWAYS been helpful.

ScooterGuitar
03/02/2005, 08:19 PM
MIke,
Are you making reservations for Peppercorn's? If you do, go ahead and put me down for two! But, I refuse to sit next to Dubbin!
If the Peppercorn's isn't a go, I'll be at Jed's!

ScooterGuitar
03/02/2005, 08:25 PM
BTW...I refuse to wear a nametag, take an oath, or use feeder goldfish!

bashduo
03/02/2005, 08:37 PM
Now JEDS would be a great place to hang out afterwards!!!

ScooterGuitar
03/02/2005, 09:30 PM
HA! I think the Toledo Jed's blows away the one in BG! Can oyu say Freak Balls~!

pferboy
03/02/2005, 10:18 PM
I will be there at 7.
We should also see if we can go to this http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=539835

Dubbin1
03/02/2005, 10:55 PM
Mike put me down for 2 and make sure my seat is next to Scott.

broden
03/02/2005, 11:46 PM
Count me in.can't make peppercorns but will definately make the meeting.Scott Jeds rocks!!

Bill

ScooterGuitar
03/03/2005, 10:17 PM
I think I started something! Maybe we can get Jed's to sponsor us? they could come up with a special NORA buff ball recipe! Hmm, maybe fiery hot balls with calamari?

Mike_McBrien
03/04/2005, 12:37 PM
Well the day is upon us. We have made Reservations for the people interested in going to peppercorns and even reservered 2 extra seats. If you would like to join us at peppercorns we will be meeting out frount at 5:30 P.M.

To everyone else we will be meeting in Gary's Aquarium in the fish room to the left at 7:00 pm. Gary is supposed to be getting a Fish shipment in earlier today so we will have fresh fishies to be looking at.

I will be headed to Toledo earlier to do some shopping with my wife, so this is my final shout out before the meeting. Hope to see as may of you as possible join us!

Mike_McBrien
03/04/2005, 01:09 PM
Almost forgot, those people going to peppercorns may be a bit underdressed if you are wearing Jeans and a T-Shirt.

See ya guys soon!

selgado
03/04/2005, 01:20 PM
Is it prohibited to wear jeans and a T-shirt? I really don't like to get dressed up. I wish I had known this earlier.

Dubbin1
03/04/2005, 02:37 PM
The place looked like a nice place but not so nice that you cant wear jeans so I'll be wearing jeans. I see no problem with a nice pair of jeans and a shirt.

selgado
03/04/2005, 10:17 PM
I got your post after I left for the day for a wonderful day with the doctors. It sounded like a dress up type of restaurant and that's just not my scene. So I didn't show for dinner. From the looks of the meeting it would have been nice to have more chat - time with everyone.

Dubbin1
03/04/2005, 11:38 PM
Well all in all I think the first meeting turned out pretty good. We had a few more people show up then I thought would and I'm sure its going to grow from there. Dinner was nice and Jeds was just a fun place to go to after the meeting. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and I look forward to getting to know everyone a little more.

bashduo
03/05/2005, 04:22 PM
Thanks for getting the group together Mike - we are looking forward many more! It appears to be a fun group... and bigger than we expected for the 1st round. Thanks!

bigbenji
03/05/2005, 11:47 PM
I'm just sorry I had to leave so soon after the meeting. I look forward to asking you guys very stupid noobish questions like, what should I do if my wife drops LR on my xenia?

selgado
03/06/2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by bencpht
I'm just sorry I had to leave so soon after the meeting. I look forward to asking you guys very stupid noobish questions like, what should I do if my wife drops LR on my xenia?

That's not a stupid question, but it is kinda easy to answer - get rid of your wife. ;)

Dubbin1
03/06/2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by selgado
That's not a stupid question, but it is kinda easy to answer - get rid of your wife. ;)
By dropping a rock on her head :D

selgado
03/06/2005, 11:47 AM
So how was the frag swap guys?

what fish
03/16/2005, 03:31 PM
well I see most showed up for the meeting. I am sorry I couldn't go the ol man decided that if it wasn't in Findlay then we couldn't go :*( But I would luv to hear all about it. If you ever hold on in town please let me know ok. Oh we would be willing to kinda do a sub meeting for any of those who can't or wont drive that far. might be somethin to think about. that way everyone who is interested in NORA can be involved.

bigbenji
03/16/2005, 09:54 PM
Next meeting?
Just want to make sure I request that day off.

Dubbin1
03/16/2005, 10:33 PM
Lesa I'm sorry you couldnt make the meeting. If it helps you guys can car pool with us for the next meeting wherever that may be.